Started Intercooler install lots of pics

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Where did you get the holders for the dash indicator bulbs? I'm looking for some like yours that don't use the stock circuit paper.

they sell them in the lights section at most parts stores. you can get most standard bulb holders there.

nice work on the IC btw:thumbsup:

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
Where did you get the holders for the dash indicator bulbs? I'm looking for some like yours that don't use the stock circuit paper.

i purchased them HERE CLICK HERE HERE HERE

i wasnt in a hurry for them so i just had them shipped to my door. If you plan on doing what i did you will need a 5/8 big drill bit and drill the holes out. i even had to take the drill bit and hollow the hole out bigger. then just push and twist the rubber in the holes and the tangs will pop through.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i got the box mounted but nothing hooked up yet. iv been working on the intercooler the last couple days. I did finally get my turn signal, 4x4, low range, rear anto lock lights wired in finally for the dash.

You must be registered for see images attach

what a fun mess..cant wait to get the dash pulled out and all this junk wrapped up in a harness.

Getting there too! Good.;Sweet Wiring is one of my least favorite things to do. But, I hate it when it's a mess and I have to make it right...... in my mind at least.cookooLOL

Heath

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i purchased them HERE CLICK HERE HERE HERE

i wasnt in a hurry for them so i just had them shipped to my door. If you plan on doing what i did you will need a 5/8 big drill bit and drill the holes out. i even had to take the drill bit and hollow the hole out bigger. then just push and twist the rubber in the holes and the tangs will pop through.

Sweet , thanks. I'm going to install them in sheetmetal (making a custom gauge cluster), those will work perfect.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I used an I/C like that one on my dodge cash cow project. They are dirt cheap on ebay...I'm not sure how long they will last at 20+psi, they are pretty thin compared to a factory I/C.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
well see what happens. i am running 24-25psi right now and plan on more once i install my fuel pin and gov spring. ;Sweet

also may i ask how your piping held up to everything being welded together with just the 2 joint pieces on it? I did the exact same thing you did. Im worried something is going to tear itself apart and i dont have enough flex in it

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
It's fine, less rubber hose is best...Less to blow or pop a clamp....It's all silicone hose and Vibrant 90* elbows at the IC...Running great so far.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
More pics! Got a little farther last night. I had to pull the bracket off my york pump and trim the corner off of it to make sure that the piping wouldnt hit. Installed the cold side piping and got it all clamped down. looks really good and clears no problem. It got a little dark for pics so i have a couple more. I should get my 90 elbow today in the mail and hope to finish it up..

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
The install is complete. I am very happy with the install and how it went. As you can see i have very little space to shove 3" pipe between, but i did make it work like it was ment to be. This is what i have found driving the truck.

Before Install:
foot to the floor 5th gear about 24lbs of boost and max exhaust temps about 1150 - 1200.

after install:
I feel the pickup has a little bit more pick up and go off the line.
Foot to the floor 5th gear about 20lbs of boost and max axhaust temps about
950 - 1000

i also put some fuel in her and reset my trip meter. so we will see if my MPG go up any.