So what did you do with your truck today?

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Truck had a C6 swapping to a ZF5, I took the uncut for D60 crossmember from a ZF5 truck and it looks identical as the cross member the C6 was using? Thought I read there’s a couple inch difference snd the slots for the mount are a bit different.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@IDIoit could you tell me how many inches of drop you welded into your crossmember to clear the d60 front shaft? If you don’t recall it’s cool I’ll mock it up and measure.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Is that a trx250?
No it's a KLF300. A Kawasaki Bayou 300. The guy I bought it from didn't know what year it is and I'm certainly NOT going to crawl around in the snow looking for numbers and/or stickers just to find out the year.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@IDIoit could you tell me how many inches of drop you welded into your crossmember to clear the d60 front shaft? If you don’t recall it’s cool I’ll mock it up and measure.
i lowered the trans mount down 2" to the bottom of the cross member and then just clearanced it and welded a piece of pipe to it

Attachments

• 33333125_2290166581000437_8199550016440762368_n.jpg
    33333125_2290166581000437_8199550016440762368_n.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 15

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed my chirpy 111.5 belt. Replaced the idler pulley (that had a tiny bit of slop) with an alleged "Genuine Ford" part. At least the box is, but the bearing's rubber seal is marked "China"?

Also I replaced the belt, with a 110.5 which was so tight that I had to partially dismount the alternator to get it on. Took a test drive and it's not chirping... for now ;)

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
I just got the radiator core support mounts in the mail yesterday, so I got the majority of the front end back together on the crew cab this afternoon. I spent a lot of time shimming the fenders correctly, but I need the adjust the hood latch some more eventually. I am thinking of trying some duplicolor spray paint on the front clip to somewhat match the factory paint temporarily until I find it necessary to get a paint job. It's a work truck, so I'm happy as long as it's 1 color,lol. You may notice the truck has the highly sought after, "factory mirror delete" option. I am swapping over to gooseneck mirrors.

Rock

Slicknik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year OilBurners!

One month in the making, had a lifter fail and wouldn't come out the top of the motor so instead had to come out the camshaft hole. Here are some pics of the adventure. Runs again now but IM going to start looking for another motor to rebuild because this one is tired (324k).

Last edited:

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
One month in the making, had a lifter fail and wouldn't come out the top of the motor so instead had to come out the camshaft hole. Here are some pics of the adventure. Runs again now but IM going to start looking for another motor to rebuild because this one is tired (324k).
Just be happy that you got it out with the engine still in the truck.

Farmer Rock

Reaction score
Ummm....
It's.....green.

Yup...sure is green alright,lol.
Nowhere near "dark forest green".
I expected it was going to be a noticably different color, but nowhere near this different.
As far as the color itself, I think it's actually kinda nice for an old truck. This will have to hold me over until I paint the whole truck in the spring I suppose.

Rock

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like that green! The dark greens always wind up looking blue or black, that is actually green.
I painted the flatbed on my plow truck John Deere green, and it's definitely a green green. I'll probably go with that color for the whole truck, some day.

Farmer Rock

Reaction score
I like that green! The dark greens always wind up looking blue or black, that is actually green.
I painted the flatbed on my plow truck John Deere green, and it's definitely a green green. I'll probably go with that color for the whole truck, some day.
I like the color as well, it looks darker in the light now, which I prefer, since I am a diehard international guy, so it's hard for me to paint my pickup John Deere green,lol, but I completely agree, I am not crazy for the dark green.here is some better pictures in the light, not quite as light. Closer to an Oliver green now.

Rock

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online