So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Like that trans swimmer.

Couldn't take the competition from fellow men, so he claims to identify as a woman, and competes with them.

What a wussy. He is male, but I wouldn't call him a man. Wait, is that proof he is trans? LOL Still not a woman, and shouldn't be competing with women.

Let them start a trans league...
I 100% agree!

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
This was last night, but I'll put it up anyhow.
You must be registered for see images attach

So I bought a better core support from a local guy, but when I say better I mean only the bottom pan was rusted out. But the original core support was rusted bad by the mounts, so I cut them both in half and welded them together. Fixed a few other spots and slapped a coat of primer on it. Came out pretty good, and saved me about $300 all said and done. The worst part is the mounts are $100 alone from lmc.
I am waiting for the mounts to come, then I will get the core support in and the front clip back on the truck..

Rock

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Today wasn't very exciting. I just drove to town to put some anti-gel in. If I had put it in and let the truck idle in my driveway or if I had used to only gas/diesel pumps in town (which I don't trust and are only 5 blocks from my house), I couldn't be sure that it would be completely circulated through the fuel system. Driving home 20 miles after putting the anti-gel in the tank, I'm absolutely certain that it's all through out the fuel system. A couple of days ago, the forecast was for 0* tomorrow night and that's close enough to -10 for me to not take chances. Last night, the forecast said -9* tomorrow night and while I was in the gas station paying, I hears a guy say that it's now supposed to be -12 tomorrow night. I guess it's a good thing that I bought some Howe's last night. It's also supposed to be below 0* Wednesday and Thursday night. I feel that I made the right choice since I usually never run any anti-gel. Then again, it doesn't drop below 0* very often here either.

Vern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally wrapped my head around how a front u-joint that's not spinning could cause my intermittent grinding noise today. And, picked up what is supposed to be a NAPA boxed carter lift pump.

I'd had the hub apart, replaced wheel bearings races and seal, inspected and packec the spindle bearing with grease and put it all back together only to have my daily drive involve the stop to frig with the hub lock yet again. The lock is probably shot from the stiff ujoint if it wasn't already. I'd noticed the stiff joint and even hammered on it when I had it out. Can I remove some hub parts until the ujoint is replaced or is that only going to ruin the spindle bearing? I have the original red full-turn hub locks so I'm not going to shell out the whole pay check when I do the repair.

I figured the carter pump they had locally at $55 CAD ($30USD?) was worth a try what with a international unit 10-14 days away from stateside and $180. What is that membrane stuff made of? Nitrile rubber? can I Macgyver my made in Canada unit?

I wonder, can a weak vane pump cause premature failure of a lift pump? or just the -20C mornings alone? You guys ever consider using a guzzler hand pump in place of the mechanical pump? What about a hybrid of a weeping mechanical pump and a downstream 1.5 psi purolator e-pump?

Farmer Rock

Reaction score
So, I still got a ways to go until the crew cab is done and ready to be used as the work truck, but I just want to throw this out there to any interested, fellow oil burners.
I am hoping I can get the crew cab done before spring starts up, and when it is done, I may sell the 6.9 to recoup some funds, and honestly, I don't need two trucks as much as I hate to say it. I posted an add for the truck down in the forums marketplace if anyone is interested. I would like to see that truck go to one of you folks. I have been daily driving it, and will be until spring, so it will stick around until then.

Rock

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
So, I still got a ways to go until the crew cab is done and ready to be used as the work truck, but I just want to throw this out there to any interested, fellow oil burners.
I am hoping I can get the crew cab done before spring starts up, and when it is done, I may sell the 6.9 to recoup some funds, and honestly, I don't need two trucks as much as I hate to say it. I posted an add for the truck down in the forums marketplace if anyone is interested. I would like to see that truck go to one of you folks. I have been daily driving it, and will be until spring, so it will stick around until then.

Rock
And this after all of the time, effort, and, in your dad's case, a hand that went into the ZF5 swap.

Farmer Rock

Reaction score
And this after all of the time, effort, and, in your dad's case, a hand that went into the ZF5 swap.
Yeah, I don't take it lightly, but it's hard the way prices skyrocketed in the past year. And with diesel being 4:15 a gallon, it's hard to keep fuel in two trucks anymore. Plus, I got laid off for the winter, so I have to be practical about my choices. Then in the spring, I will be towing gooseneck trailers around for the farm I work at, and I will be using the crew cab for that of course, so it kind of defeats the purpose of having the 6.9 anymore. All it would be used for is
driving around town if I kept it, so I may as well get my money out of it.

Rock

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I left work at 3:00 this afternoon. I drove a couple of hours north into Nebraska and bought another four wheeler. I'm just going to do some fixing and then resell it. At least that's the plan.

Attachments

• 102_3286.JPG
    102_3286.JPG
    283 KB · Views: 7

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right now, I would give my left noogie for a 4 wheeler.

I have been stuck here at home for over 2 weeks! Going stir crazy, and almost out of drinking water!

Tomorrow, I am going to take two sets of old chains, made for the factory size tires, and try to lengthen them to fit the new tires.

Got to dig through the snow just to get to the chains and then to get to the truck, just to get started at this. LOL

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Right now, I would give my left noogie for a 4 wheeler.

I have been stuck here at home for over 2 weeks! Going stir crazy, and almost out of drinking water!

Tomorrow, I am going to take two sets of old chains, made for the factory size tires, and try to lengthen them to fit the new tires.

Got to dig through the snow just to get to the chains and then to get to the truck, just to get started at this. LOL
That would be pretty awful for sure. This four wheeler probably wouldn't help you much since it's not 4X4. It sounds to me like you need a snowmobile more.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be able to go all the way to town with a snowmobile.

A 4 wheeler is legal on the road, here. A snowmobile is not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online