So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I took my truck to the car wash. I wanted to wash off the road salt. I also wanted to wash the rims on the four wheeler that I picked up last weekend. The guy I bought it from said that it was fine until he moved it so I could look at it. Then his dog had to mark all four rims. I didn't want to unload it until it was washed because we all know that it's not just one dog... It was about 40* with a 25 or MPH wind so there is no pictures. My hands were pretty frozen by the time I was done and I only spent $2.50.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I got a killer deal on this new 38 gallon bronco tank thanks to @IDIoit. He mentioned where he found the best price and I got one that day. So I finally installed it, as my old 38 gal tank was leaking badly due to operator error. I dropped it last year but forgot to loosen the only critical hose clamp to the filler tube and cracked the neck seam by pulling it "just a little more". So it's been leaking ever since and so I can only fill it halfway or less. Which also means I can't do MPG calculations! Gah! But no more!

And done! Shiny! BTW I always forget I have to drop my hitch to get the tank out, otherwise it would take half as long.

Even with the advantage of this hole the PO cut into the bed, this job is still not much fun to do. But it sure looks pretty for now. :joker:

Here's my timmy-rigged fuel siphon. Got all but about 2 drops!
It's an old cube pump that couldn't cut it for my pickup and electrical tape and my trusty 12v Ryobi drill battery pack. That thing has so many uses around vehicle stuff for testing, etc. Love it!

The funniest part is that as I was finished and was breaking down the box the hardware kit fell out. Which in this case would have been really useful, as I had to make a special trip to the hardware store the day before for a bolt and nut. This had the longer bolts and steel spacers too, along with the pickup tube extensions.
But it was funny cause I could swear I heard the box clinking and it felt heavier than it should, but after shaking it upside down 3 different times nothing came out. The pack was taped to the inside and never came out until I flattened the box.

Last edited:

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score

I got a killer deal on this new 38 gallon bronco tank thanks to @IDIoit. He mentioned where he found the best price and I got one that day. So I finally installed it, as my old 38 gal tank was leaking badly due to operator error. I dropped it last year but forgot to loosen the only critical hose clamp to the filler tube and cracked the neck seam by pulling it "just a little more". So it's been leaking ever since and so I can only fill it halfway or less. Which also means I can't do MPG calculations! Gah! But no more!

And done! Shiny! BTW I always forget I have to drop my hitch to get the tank out, otherwise it would take half as long.

Even with the advantage of this hole the PO cut into the bed, this job is still not much fun to do. But it sure looks pretty for now. :joker:

Here's my timmy-rigged fuel siphon. Got all but about 2 drops!
It's an old cube pump that couldn't cut it for my pickup and electrical tape and my trusty 12v Ryobi drill battery pack. That thing has so many uses around vehicle stuff for testing, etc. Love it!
Do you have the link for those tanks? I am looking into one for my CC.
Thanks

Rock

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the link for those tanks? I am looking into one for my CC.
Thanks

Rock
It's an Ebay special by TRQ. Was $147 shipped back in November.

Farmer Rock

Reaction score
It's an Ebay special by TRQ. Was $147 shipped back in November.

Thank you Josh, that is great price. I'll be putting an order in.

Rock

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you Josh, that is great price. I'll be putting an order in.

Rock
BTW this TRQ version actually has a good install kit for once. I got a Spectra brand tank some years ago and it didn't come with half the stuff you need. The only thing this was missing is a longer piece of wire for the fuel float. But the bolts and stand offs are great, comes with some copper tube to extend the pickup. I just used submersion-rated fuel hose with no shower head.

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
Took the old girl out for a tow and some camping down south for a week. She did good over the passes pulling this loaded up.

I just added 4awg wire back to a marine style power junction under the bed. Anderson connectors from there to connect a Redarc DC to DC charger. Worked great.

Now I need to figure out how to tap it to the enclosed trailer for lights and USB charging back there.

Really could use that 38 gallon tank!! It will be happening this year.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I wish I could do some of that right now. Since the lows are going to be close to zero for the next couple of nights, I think I'll probably wait for a while.-Lame

Farmer Rock

Reaction score
Getting close to comfy seats
Looks great!
I was wanting to put super duty seats like that in my CC, but everyone around here wants 1k for a ripped up set of 20 year old seats.
I ended buying centurion seats, but I only wish they were vinyl or leather so they would clean up easy.

Rock

NeverHave-I-Ether

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my controller deleted for the glow plugs. Just need a 150 amp to go on the power cable. Came out pretty clean, original solenoid knocked the terminal out surprisingly.

Truck has still been hard starting despite new GP system, and electric fuel system. It's about 30° F. I think though, when starting in cold weather you hold the gas pedal down right? Haven't tried it yet.

Attachments

• PXL_20220113_163645902.jpg
    PXL_20220113_163645902.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20220120_214012357.jpg
    PXL_20220120_214012357.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 7