So what did you do with your truck today?

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Half way done cleaning up all the wiring. It won’t light on fire but I’m also not amazing at wiring haha.
Dude...you know covering up the K&N sticker just cost you like 10HP right?!?

But nice work cleaning up the wiring. Our stock setup wasn't a treat then PO's hack stuff up all the time...I'm nothing special with wiring myself but getting it done right always pays off. Always!

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
I'm replacing my 1ton Pittsburg crane with a 2ton because I need the couple inches of longer boom for my custom run stand.
The 1ton anyone here can have it for free if you can pick it up this weekend. I'm in southeast PA. I texted a couple other truck buddies so I don't think it will last long. I've used this one for 10 years. The piston seals are a bit wet but no issues. I removed and put in an idi with it 4 times this week.

You must be registered for see images attach
If the HF 2 ton does not get you where you want to go, keep an eye out for one of these. Blue Bird International brand but notice this model has the bend in the arm for lifting engines higher. Most Blue Birds you see are general Purpose with a straight arm. Downside these do not collapse like the Harbor Freight ones, so a PITA to store.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the HF 2 ton does not get you where you want to go, keep an eye out for one of these. Blue Bird International brand but notice this model has the bend in the arm for lifting engines higher. Most Blue Birds you see are general Purpose with a straight arm. Downside these do not collapse like the Harbor Freight ones, so a PITA to store.
For that matter anyone with an angle grinder and a welder can make a "custom" bent arm like that. Would be pretty sweet I reckon!

NeverHave-I-Ether

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did valve covers today. Rockers have T stamped on them. I know there's a code chart but couldn't find it.

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may be crazy but I would think that if you wanted to lift the engine higher, the bend in that arm should go the opposite direction...
The bend is there to allow clearance for the load (engine) to not hit the arm when it’s at a higher angle. With a straight arm, it would basically be limited to about a 45deg up angle. That bend may allow 60 degrees thus higher overall.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah. That does make sense. Thank you.

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
It’s a little taller and wider than the straight arm model. I hate storing it but know if I sell it I will have a hard time finding one. The HF ones are very popular because the fold up and store easily in a corner.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've lost count how many times I took an idi in and out of the truck now all with the 1ton. I had to go to the 2ton because you can do a c6 attached with the boomlength on a 1ton but last week I tried a zf5 attached with the 1ton for the first time and not enough boom.

They definitely had the intern welding and boxing the 2ton crane. Either that or the person was ampd up on hour 36 of the day. It was missing a bolt in the bag, had the wrong bolt in its place. And the welding was bad. Even by Chinese standards. Idc though I got bolts and can weld.

The 2000lb trans jack caught my eye while I was there and i got that too..that thing is nice for HF. It makes the ZF5 look small. I put the trans in separate of putting the motor in for fun. I thought of IDIbronco i know he likes doing it the seperate way.

Assuming you have a good trans jack it is faster going in separately than together. The time delay on together is the cranking back and forth on the load leveler. I tried to make the "fastest" method by welding a bolt head to the load leveler cranking arm and then using my impact to automatically crank the leveler.
That worked for 5 minutes before I broke the load leveler.

Last edited:

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
I've lost count how many times I took an idi in and out of the truck now all with the 1ton. I had to go to the 2ton because you can do a c6 attached with the boomlength on a 1ton but last week I tried a zf5 attached with the 1ton for the first time and not enough boom.

They definitely had the intern welding and boxing the 2ton crane. Either that or the person was ampd up on hour 36 of the day. It was missing a bolt in the bag, had the wrong bolt in its place. And the welding was bad. Even by Chinese standards. Idc though I got bolts and can weld.

The 2000lb trans jack caught my eye while I was there and i got that too..that thing is nice for HF. It makes the ZF5 look small. I put the trans in separate of putting the motor in for fun. I thought of IDIbronco i know he likes doing it the seperate way.

Assuming you have a good trans jack it is faster going in separately than together. The time delay on together is the cranking back and forth on the load leveler. I tried to make the "fastest" method by welding a bolt head to the load leveler cranking arm and then using my impact to automatically crank the leveler.

I have one of those transmission jacks too, they work great. Heavy duty, good lift height, pump arm rotates in any direction, stable, and rolls nicely. Much more usable than their scissor lift style. But now that I see your pallet under your truck it makes me think try the forklift! :Thumbs Up

Still I like to pull the engine and tranny out together. But handy to have a tranny Jack if just pulling the tranny.

Last edited:

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Living in the epicenter of car culture here in the OC, you get to see some cool stuff.

Check out the new Ford Raptor IDIdoit limited edition version!

Setting a new standard with all new dual axles, twin turbo, intercooler, 6wd, 6 speed manual trany, and a new 10 liter diesel! Why? Cause you can! (Well if there was a IDIdoit version.)

Attachments

• 20220206_162810.jpg
    20220206_162810.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20220206_162813.jpg
    20220206_162813.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finished wiring my relay box and re-wiring most of the stuff on the passenger fender. This was really my first bigger wiring project, I think I have a little ocd about some stuff but all in all I feel that I did a good job. It won’t light on fire at least.

Attachments

• 37790123-894B-40C2-8229-B68A645CA3F3.jpeg
    37790123-894B-40C2-8229-B68A645CA3F3.jpeg
    327.5 KB · Views: 7

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yep, impacts ruin worm drive/geared stuff quickly. That's why I need a new jack for my pickup...I learned that the hard way too. But a normal power drill would have done great so next time I'll try that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7