So what did you do with your truck today?

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
I was a screwing around with this app on my phone to see how my truck would look with a flatbed (I like how useful they are and it’d be convenient) except I hate how they look hideous on some trucks and I’d sure hate to pay all that money for something that makes my truck look hideous. I kinda dig it though
I say go for it, but it's easy for me to spend your money,lol.
I love flatbeds, and have one sitting around to go on my crew cab at some point.
I say, if you're just going for looks keep the pickup bed since your truck looks amazing as it is. But if you're like me and need the flatbed for work, it's definitely worth it.

Rock

IDIDually

Reaction score
truck Quit starting on me, I turned the key and you hear 1 click from the passenger side. Went and tapped on the started would turn over very slow. Turn the key off then try it again it was still slow but it was a little bit faster. Tried it again. Same.
So I pulled my starter just to find a bad oil leak that leaked mostly on the side of the passenger side back of the engine, starter, solenoid, and exhaust manifold. I never seen a starter this bad. Yet I’m still kinda new at this. So I’m guess this is my issue, with funds being tight looking for a used starter, I’m also going to replace the solenoid on the passenger side fender. And replace the battery cables because they’re all corroded inside the plastic coverings. If I’m missing something, please I’m all ears. I just want to get back in her and drive.

Attachments

• 56632ED6-46F2-42D9-8D68-5C4304377634.jpeg
    56632ED6-46F2-42D9-8D68-5C4304377634.jpeg
    451.9 KB · Views: 7
  • A5879A66-AECA-497D-A7A4-6F48243A3996.jpeg
    A5879A66-AECA-497D-A7A4-6F48243A3996.jpeg
    533 KB · Views: 7

NeverHave-I-Ether

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was a screwing around with this app on my phone to see how my truck would look with a flatbed (I like how useful they are and it’d be convenient) except I hate how they look hideous on some trucks and I’d sure hate to pay all that money for something that makes my truck look hideous. I kinda dig it though

What app? Looks good

Putting an Aux tank on the truck today.
I'm plumbing the fuel line from the aux tank to the selector. A problem posed though is how to return the negative fuel line. I only have on valve on the aux tank. Is it possible to T the return line back into the positive line before the fuel pump? Once the air is out I don't understand why it should be an issue. The pump would pull fuel from the aux tank and the return line fuel would be recirculating in current. I have this drawn out to help explain.
What do y'all think?

Attachments

• PXL_20220201_051005896.jpg
    PXL_20220201_051005896.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 4

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
Are those frame brackets part of a kit or did you fab them up yourself? Looks killer and I bet it will ride kinda nice too…. LOL
fabed them myself. the rubber isolators are just ford 460 mounts flipped upside down. On the first revision i bolted these to the ford brackets that then bolted to the cross member. This revision i modified the cross member to incorporate the slots the isolators sit on. Got the engine much lower

Fixnstuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
truck Quit starting on me, I turned the key and you hear 1 click from the passenger side. Went and tapped on the started would turn over very slow. Turn the key off then try it again it was still slow but it was a little bit faster. Tried it again. Same.
So I pulled my starter just to find a bad oil leak that leaked mostly on the side of the passenger side back of the engine, starter, solenoid, and exhaust manifold. I never seen a starter this bad. Yet I’m still kinda new at this. So I’m guess this is my issue, with funds being tight looking for a used starter, I’m also going to replace the solenoid on the passenger side fender. And replace the battery cables because they’re all corroded inside the plastic coverings. If I’m missing something, please I’m all ears. I just want to get back in her and drive.
Low voltage/current to the starter which is very most likely due to your bad cables.
#1. NEW BATTERY CABLES Must have good cables to get enough current to the starter.
#2. Clean the starter then take it to a parts store chain and have it tested before you buy a new one! .
#3. Oil leak. Commonly it could be valve cover gaskets, the valve cover bolts ternd to get loose (or the gasket shrinks a little bit. Check if loose and snug them up. Sometimes the oil dipstick tube where it enters the crank case can leak and blow oil back onto the starter. Depending upon year and model it is either sealed with black permatex or an o-ring.

Note: Create a signature with the specs of your truck, which will appear in all of your posts and readers will know what truck you have because fixes often vary with year and model.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say go for it, but it's easy for me to spend your money,lol.
I love flatbeds, and have one sitting around to go on my crew cab at some point.
I say, if you're just going for looks keep the pickup bed since your truck looks amazing as it is. But if you're like me and need the flatbed for work, it's definitely worth it.

Rock
You think she’s pretty????;););)

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What app? Looks good

Putting an Aux tank on the truck today.
I'm plumbing the fuel line from the aux tank to the selector. A problem posed though is how to return the negative fuel line. I only have on valve on the aux tank. Is it possible to T the return line back into the positive line before the fuel pump? Once the air is out I don't understand why it should be an issue. The pump would pull fuel from the aux tank and the return line fuel would be recirculating in current. I have this drawn out to help explain.
What do y'all think?
The app is just called Eraser. It was very confusing at first but then I kinda figured it out

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
It was definitely a different day for me. I went to Limon, Colorado to go treasure hunting. I bought a complete 6.9, a rebuilder 7.3, and, judging by the air cleaner, a ATS 085 turbo (it looks like everything is there but I can't tell at this point). To say that I'm a pretty big wimp in the cold wouldn't be much of an understatement. I knew that it was going to be cold so I put a sleeping bag in my truck just in case of the worst. I was going to get up at 4:00 this morning and get on the road, but I woke up at 3:40 and decided to just stay up. Due to the potential deer situation, I drove between 55 and 60 until I got to the Interstate. We were supposed to meet between 9;00 and 9:30, but we both got there early. While I was still in Kansas, heading west, I almost cried when the radio said that it was -14* in Limon. I didn't turn around and go home because I wanted to make the purchase. Yes, it was cold. We talked for probably an hour after the deal was all done. When we were about to leave, I looked down and noticed that I had on a flannel shirt and a sweat jacket, but my coat was hanging open and I wasn't wearing any gloves. The sun was shining on the right side of my face and it felt nice and warm. I stopped at a gas station before leaving Limon. While I was pumping fuel, my coat was inside the truck. I looked across the street and one building to the left at a sign that told the time and temperature. I almost fainted when it said 12*! I would have bet money that it was 30. Nothing really exciting happened on the drive home. It was a LOOONG day though. And, once again, I get to wash all of the salt off of my truck.

Attachments

• 102_3306.JPG
    102_3306.JPG
    392.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 102_3302.JPG
    102_3302.JPG
    435.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 102_3299.JPG
    102_3299.JPG
    339.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 102_3298.JPG
    102_3298.JPG
    359.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 102_3300.JPG
    102_3300.JPG
    438.6 KB · Views: 12

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm replacing my 1ton Pittsburg crane with a 2ton because I need the couple inches of longer boom for my custom run stand.
The 1ton anyone here can have it for free if you can pick it up this weekend. I'm in southeast PA. I texted a couple other truck buddies so I don't think it will last long. I've used this one for 10 years. The piston seals are a bit wet but no issues. I removed and put in an idi with it 4 times this week.

You must be registered for see images attach

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today's adventure: Temp got up to 38F after sleet/freezing rain + 4" of snow, and a drop to single digits... We took the pickup to town (a bit slippery on the minimally-cleared dirt roads, but 4WD comes in handy). On the way we saw a coyote running across the highway and a snow-covered field. Unfortunately for my other half, Max the Meathead (90 lb dog) saw it too and tried to climb out the window, over her! His front claws took a pretty good chunk of skin off her forearm.
So we did our errands, and I was just pulling into the restaurant for lunch when the power steering stopped functioning (which I knew immediately meant that the serpentine belt had broken). I just changed that #$% belt, too. We ate, and I drove 50 feet next door to the Autozone where I'd bought the belt and exchanged it under warranty. Got lucky there, it could have been out on the dirt a long way from home... Also bought an 18" breaker bar and 15mm socket which are needed to de-tension, and that will stay in the truck for future use.
The hard part was getting the old belt off which had VERY firmly tied itself around both sides of the water pump pulley, but I managed to tease it out. Then the usual struggle getting the new one over all the pulleys but one, leaning on the bar to de-tension the spring and slip it over (takes three hands) And we drove home. So went another day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight