So what did you do with your truck today?

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we got some snow today so i decided to take advantage of it and do some snow driving since i havent driven much in the snow, i also went to harbor freight and got some impact gloves that were on sale

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
I think it was sophomore year and my truck was still an automatic, I had the same air issues as you and it would rev all crazy. I was taking off in the rain and it just so happened I was crossing the paint on the street turning left and the truck decided it was going to rev up and pitch the back end out. I spun around in front of half of my teachers LOL
Lol, I know the feeling.. of course I was in front of a police station when that happened to me, but somehow didn't get pulled over,lol.

Rock

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
we got some snow today so i decided to take advantage of it and do some snow driving since i havent driven much in the snow
Man, when I was about 14, my dad decided to teach me how to drive in the snow. He took me out to the municipal airport which was about 7 miles out of town and practically abandoned to teach me. He taught me how to slide the car around and how to do doughnuts. Naturally, I wanted to get a lot of practice. It really did help.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm swapping a c6 for a zf5-47. I pulled the engine and trans together and seemed to make the most sense that it was easiest to put it in together too. I didn't have the trans ready in time so I said screw it and put the engine in, then last weekend started to put the trans in.
Yea, this is a pain and I should have put it in together.

The engine if you don't have the trans on with crossmember sits down at an angle slanted towards the back. When you put the trans on the trans jack it is level. Your trying then to wheelie the trans up onto the engine. I made additional guide studs and it wouldn't slide on all the way. The input shaft was lined up cause I could turn the engine over and it would spin. If you try to level the engine there's not enough room to bring the trans level with it so it has to be done at some degree of angle.

This is a very detailed drawing of what I'm describing for trans and engine.
You must be registered for see images attach

Anyway..that was fun and all.
Pulled the engine out to put the trans and engine in together.

When I have to change a clutch in the future I'll hang the trans on straps through the tunnel to get it on. It seems that a trans jack that doesn't have the ability to angle is a detriment.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm swapping a c6 for a zf5-47. I pulled the engine and trans together and seemed to make the most sense that it was easiest to put it in together too. I didn't have the trans ready in time so I said screw it and put the engine in, then last weekend started to put the trans in.
Yea, this is a pain and I should have put it in together.

The engine if you don't have the trans on with crossmember sits down at an angle slanted towards the back. When you put the trans on the trans jack it is level. Your trying then to wheelie the trans up onto the engine. I made additional guide studs and it wouldn't slide on all the way. The input shaft was lined up cause I could turn the engine over and it would spin. If you try to level the engine there's not enough room to bring the trans level with it so it has to be done at some degree of angle.

This is a very detailed drawing of what I'm describing for trans and engine.
You must be registered for see images attach

Anyway..that was fun and all.
Pulled the engine out to put the trans and engine in together.

When I have to change a clutch in the future I'll hang the trans on straps through the tunnel to get it on. It seems that a trans jack that doesn't have the ability to angle is a detriment.
Yeah it's a balancing act, not much fun at all! I did my ZF5 clutch before.
I also did an M50D once in my old 88 F150 through the trans tunnel with an engine hoist. Worked very well, I was by myself and I got it in. Came up to unhook the hoist and it had cracked the windshield! -cuss

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score

Yeah it's a balancing act, not much fun at all! I did my ZF5 clutch before.
I just CAREFULLY use a wood block on top of another jack to EASILY lift up the engine by jacking up on the bottom of the oil pan to get the two closer to being on the same plane. No damage and works every time.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just CAREFULLY use a wood block on top of another jack to EASILY lift up the engine by jacking up on the bottom of the oil pan to get the two closer to being on the same plane. No damage and works every time.
I hooked the cherry picker to the rear lift eye of the engine to adjust the level. Not that it helped in my case but I became curious to see this slide together up close so that's why the engine is back out.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Today I left work at 2:00 to get the truck ready for it's upcoming cold weather road trip since I didn't get this done over the weekend.:frustrate I changed the oil, greased the front end and rear driveshaft (I rarely use the front driveshaft so I almost never grease it), and aired up the tires. I also wanted to experiment a little bit so I took off the radiator fan and shroud.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, when I was about 14, my dad decided to teach me how to drive in the snow. He took me out to the municipal airport which was about 7 miles out of town and practically abandoned to teach me. He taught me how to slide the car around and how to do doughnuts. Naturally, I wanted to get a lot of practice. It really did help.
I’m very late to this but seriously I believe the best drivers start by doing dumb stuff. In my opinion I feel like I’m a pretty good driver compared to some people I know (not talking about my girlfriend at all) and my parents just put me out in a field in low range and said have at it.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was a screwing around with this app on my phone to see how my truck would look with a flatbed (I like how useful they are and it’d be convenient) except I hate how they look hideous on some trucks and I’d sure hate to pay all that money for something that makes my truck look hideous. I kinda dig it though

Attachments

• 943A6F12-B052-4B75-9FDC-C62986BF1E2A.jpeg
    943A6F12-B052-4B75-9FDC-C62986BF1E2A.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 17

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was a screwing around with this app on my phone to see how my truck would look with a flatbed (I like how useful they are and it’d be convenient) except I hate how they look hideous on some trucks and I’d sure hate to pay all that money for something that makes my truck look hideous. I kinda dig it though

I love flat beds. My utility bed is more useful for my line of work, but if I didnt have it I would have a flat bed. I love the way your truck looks just the way it is, but that looks sharp too.

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pickup box does sit quite a bit lower than the flatbed. Lower is nice, as long as you can deal with the wheel wells intruding. When I hauled my welder home, it was really good to have a flatbed to set it on!

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love flat beds. My utility bed is more useful for my line of work, but if I didnt have it I would have a flat bed. I love the way your truck looks just the way it is, but that looks sharp too.
If I used my truck for my actual job it would 100% have a utility bed. I’d really love to have one on my work truck. It’s hooked to a trailer all day anyways and I am running out of places to put tools and other stuff.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pickup box does sit quite a bit lower than the flatbed. Lower is nice, as long as you can deal with the wheel wells intruding. When I hauled my welder home, it was really good to have a flatbed to set it on!
That is true. I feel like flatbeds on super lifted trucks really defeat the purpose other than for looks.. but then again I feel like they look and work the best on stock-ish trucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online