So what did you do with your truck today?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Went over to my late buddy's place to help his widow with a few things. Truck has been sitting at least since late December when he drove it last. Fired right up first try after a little bit of cranking. I'm a little bit impressed honestly.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sorry for your loss.

Was he borrowing Tank? Or is that his truck?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I think I took mine to the car wash to wash off the road salt and get most of the grease/oil out of the bed after picking up my engines in Limon, CO last week. Since there's no pictures, it may not have happened.

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Helped my buddy pick up his car and his tools 30 miles away. His Scion tranny died. His friend had his plane at another airport being repaired and offered to let him R & R his tranny in his hanger. So he bought a used tranny and swapped them out. So he is back on the road and happy it all worked out. He has two passenger cars so needed to pick up the Scion and all the tools we dropped off last weekend.

It was cool seeing the hanger and looking around at the planes out front. One had a smashed up tip on the left wing. I was told it was hit on the ground, that it was not a crash landing thankfully.

JAKRANCH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been a hot minute but she used to do this.
Since being timed it now doesn't smoke at idle

buddy of mine very graciously installed my gauges that I've been unable to get to and in wells Nevada I saw a trailer of refugees fleeing the land of the eco commies and their crushers.
still would love to swap an idi into a highboy someday for a welding rig.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I may not buy any more trucks at all the way their prices are skyrocketing. Although it is possible that I may stumble across another junker to scrap out some day.

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
I was starting to have issues with my exterior lights. I would pull the headlamp switch half way out and the tail and marker lights would work. Pull the headlamp switch all the way out and the headlights would turn on but the tail lights and markers would go off.

So went ahead and replaced the headlamp switch. As many have said and shown my wiring harness and plug was a little fried from the heat of powering the headlamps and other lights. Someone had already repaired a couple of the wires. So I have now ordered the headlight relay system from Bronco Graveyard and will install that shortly. (Like $40 with shipping and tax. Thank you memembers for the idea!) That will hopefully help my new headlamp switch last longer. For those who are not clear on this system, it will power the headlights off the battery, not via the headlamp fuse, wiring, and switch. The headlamp switch will now use a little power to simply turn the relay on so the headlamps get power from the battery and go on.

I also figured I would replace the tailight/trailer light relay under the hood, on the drivers side fender well, and by the cruise control. It was original, although working, I thought it might be time to retire it. I do a fair amout of towing so just don't need the drama of no trailer lights at night. Trailers give you enough wiring headaches, I don't need the tow vehicle adding to the headache! Your truck wiring seems to last a truck lifetime. Your trailer wiring seems to last about 3 years! (Oddly so do the tires, surge brake system, electric brake shoes, deck, paint job, etc., etc., etc.) Friggin trailers!

BTW, if you suffer from this situation, your emergency flashers will still work. So just put those on if your tail lights are not getting power due to a bad headlamp switch. That way no one can say they did not see you or your truck or trailer.:bs(What did you think the flashing lights where saying?)

Now on to my next IDI project, buy and try a new ignition switch and hope it is not the mechanicals going to it! It is getting to a point have to realy twist the key about as far as it will go to start. I know the ignition switch has a little adjustment, but it if starting to go I rather just replace it. I will update when I get it done.

Last edited:

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 74 highboy and a 6.9 with banks turbo sitting in the garage. Haven't got around to doing the swap. Someday....... When I finally get this crewcab finished the next project is a 65 CJ5 Tuxedo Park with hardtop. After that maybe the highboy / diesel swap???

Ky85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lost a washer on my axle flange bolt..somehow? Maybe it was when I went 75 on the 101N.. idk

Bolt was still on just backed out. Napa got me 8 new lock washers and I went overkill and did flange gasket and diff cover gasket and new gear oil. Just had to wait for babygirl naptime and got done just as she woke up. Now I'm working on this Lagunitas, much more fun

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I've been noticing some extra noise from the transmission in my Blue Truck. I changed out the dino ATF for some Valvoline synthetic ATF. The old fluid was fairly dark. It did still have a reddish tint to it, but I honestly can't remember the last time it was changed. I know that I put fresh oil in it when I put it in the bronco, but I can't remember if I changed it when I swapped it into the truck from the Bronco. It could have been in there since September of 2010. That doesn't matter now. What matters is that the transmission is quieter and it sure does shift better. I call it a win both ways.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Fab'd a drop support box for the d60 shaft on the 3/4 ton flat style support. Going to clean up and angle any pointy corners and then need to drill some holes in the frame to support the zf5

Last edited:

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the bumper passed stress testing today. Wish I'd had the headlight guards built. Just a little Doe at 30mph so it could have been worse.