So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Today I used the truck for picking up another engine for my riding mower. The current one runs fine, but burns about 8OZ of oil every time I mow the yard with it. The mosquitos just wait until the smoke clears and they come back so I decided to change the engine out. Last Wednesday, I finished cutting up the tree trunk that had been in my yard since last fall. I loaded it all up in the bed so I could take it to my garage. Of course, it started raining and then snowing. I don't want to leave ruts around my garage so I was going to leave the wood there until next weekend. The guy who was selling the mower engine told me to drive around into the alley behind his house. I didn't hesitate because there was fresh looking rock put down in the alley. There must have been some fairly recent dirt work done too. I sunk about 3" and that was with the rick being there. I guess that the City of Hays, Kansas may not be too happy, but I don't live there so I won't lose much sleep over it.

You must be registered for see images attach

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I got tired of my "leveling kit" so I took it off of the truck (unloaded the wood from the bed). The ground was damp, but I didn't leave any ruts so I was happy about that. The extra tire from my half ton is for comparison.

WAID

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the camper up and spent two days skiing up at Mount Hood. Took a couple tries to get started but that was the coldest weather that truck has ever started in. Probably time to check glow plugs though as I think its been starting a bit harder this winter. Lows were forecast for single digits but it warmed up into the twenties both days eventually. Then ran out of fuel in one tank on the way home. At least now I know what happens.

Slicknik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck wouldn’t start ,GP relay failed, then found out I had 2 failing glow plugs as well , after swapping them out I noticed the harness was falling apart and Frankenstein, too many crimps and splices .

After looking around for a new harness, I am tempted to make my own ,

need to replace the fuel return lines system soon ,

will see just got shut down in Cali so I have time on my hands ,
I’ll slang some hand sanitizers to pay for expenses

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
What did I do with my truck? I almost left the f'ing thing in Kearney, Nebraska! That was only because I completely fell in love with this OBS Centurion that was in the Wal-Mart parking lot as I came out. I spotted it about half way across the parking lot (just one advantage to parking far from the store where most people don't park:Thumbs Up). I kept staring as I was unloading my shopping cart. I HAD to go look closer before I left. I didn't notice the Centurion emblem until I got closer to the front since most of the "chrome" is missing. I kept thinking that the front end looked high enough to be 4X4. Sure enough, I was right! The emblems on the truck said "Turbo Diesel" so it's either a VERY early PSD (1994 only?), or it's a factory turbo IDI. I don't want a PSD, but I would have it in that truck! I don't want a black truck, but I would have that black truck! I also don't really care for a topper, but it only added to the looks of this truck. All in all, I hung around the truck for 4 or 5 minutes hoping that the driver would come out so I could talk to him/her and take more pictures. Since nobody came out, I went on and headed for home. It sure was a gorgeous truck though (sigh).

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck wouldn’t start ,GP relay failed, then found out I had 2 failing glow plugs as well , after swapping them out I noticed the harness was falling apart and Frankenstein, too many crimps and splices .

After looking around for a new harness, I am tempted to make my own ,

need to replace the fuel return lines system soon ,

will see just got shut down in Cali so I have time on my hands ,
I’ll slang some hand sanitizers to pay for expenses

Did you know Wes, CDD, on here just a couple of posts up sells a very nicely made on at a fair price.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did I do with my truck? I almost left the f'ing thing in Kearney, Nebraska! That was only because I completely fell in love with this OBS Centurion that was in the Wal-Mart parking lot as I came out. I spotted it about half way across the parking lot (just one advantage to parking far from the store where most people don't park:Thumbs Up). I kept staring as I was unloading my shopping cart. I HAD to go look closer before I left. I didn't notice the Centurion emblem until I got closer to the front since most of the "chrome" is missing. I kept thinking that the front end looked high enough to be 4X4. Sure enough, I was right! The emblems on the truck said "Turbo Diesel" so it's either a VERY early PSD (1994 only?), or it's a factory turbo IDI. I don't want a PSD, but I would have it in that truck! I don't want a black truck, but I would have that black truck! I also don't really care for a topper, but it only added to the looks of this truck. All in all, I hung around the truck for 4 or 5 minutes hoping that the driver would come out so I could talk to him/her and take more pictures. Since nobody came out, I went on and headed for home. It sure was a gorgeous truck though (sigh).

It's actually awesome that you found that. Except for the topper and fiberglass lower body kit that's exactly what I'm planning on doing with Tank! Except for the fact that this is a OBS and mines a brick.

I absolutely love the bullnose look but if Tank ever needs a front clip it'll be a 92+, Something about crew cab bullnose looks slightly odd to me. If Diego needs it it'll be a bullnose swap in a heartbeat.