So what did you do with your truck today?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I found my bad glow plug, but can't find the spare I have. I found the old autolites I removed though! Not sure why I even kept them, I don't dare use them.

Pulled the injectors because one had a bad copper washer.... That was fun.

You must be registered for see images attach

Good news is a 5/8 tap slides right into that part of the injector body.

After swapping some stuff around I got the injectors put back in with new caps and o-rings. Well they don't leak anymore but now I have a knocking injector! So much fun!

I guess tomorrow I'll pull the bad injector out and put in an old one, can't afford new ones.

I guess today would be considered a swing and a miss....

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well they don't leak anymore but now I have a knocking injector!

Well it still idles a little choppier than I'd like but it's not missing and acting like it wants to die anymore which is nice.

What I had done is swapped the guts from one injector to another body that still had usable threads. :frustrate

I'm thinking what happened is I missed a shim still in the old housing. I pulled one out and it runs a lot better but still not great. My guess is that single injector isn't firing at the right time. Doesn't chop when revved up anymore so at least it's drivable now. I turned the idle up just a hair to smooth it out, anything more will have to wait until I can afford new.

jericho

Reaction score
Last week got a complete new Luk clutch set up. Wow what a difference! Pedal pressure is now so light and no slipping from a 180k mi clutch. This week put in new parking brake cables and started the rear brakes, but noticed wetness. seems a little to greasy to be brake fluid so I'm guessing axle seal leak. Although it doesn't smell like diff fluid or break fluid.
So after reading a thread about leaky axle seals can be caused by a clogged vent,(learn something new every day} today I went out and pulled the hose and sure enough the fitting was clogged with gunk. Now that it's clean I wonder if it would stop leaking? Well anyway have ordered all the brake parts and axle seals from Rock auto and they'll be changed in a few days.

Exhumis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Removed the passenger side fender liner which took 3 hours as every. single. bolt was rusted into a lump including the ones that secure the liner to the core support. Had to remove the batree tray to get access and those bolts were rusted up too. Next up, lift pump removal.

H3LLSP4WN

Reaction score
Was about 3 months ago just got out enjoying freedom until funds run out then back to the grind for a few more years

H3LLSP4WN

Reaction score
Drove from DeRidder Louisiana to Springfield Missouri one issue is that my oil gauge quit working and scared the heck out of me running strong

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
One thing about these engines, as long as you have enough oil in the engine, it's next to impossible to actually lose oil pressure. The factory gauges, though, are junk. They are almost 1/2 step better than an idiot light. They aren't very accurate either. Your best bet is a good set of aftermarket gauges.

Dregs Garage

Reaction score
@Selahdoor yeah it snapped on, the threads catch on the intake screen and are tight on the air cleaner ledge, i held it down too just in case. i thought about unbolting the screen and putting a hole in the cap to hold it down tight... but that was to much work for a quick clean before the tear down.

i tore that whole motor down over a week and just finished knocking the #5 piston out of bore yesterday. drilled out all the freeze plugs and took out all of the threaded plugs too.

the block maybe salvageable!

jericho

Reaction score
As of yesterday, changed the oil,and in my van, and coolant. Re-bled the brakes after all new rears, front pads, front left caliper (because the bleeder snapped off) and new parking brake cables. Brakes didn't feel right til I remembered about bleeding the abs down on the frame. out of sight out of mind I guess. Now the pedal feels good. New rear wheel bearings and seals. Also exhaust system and tires in the last two weeks.
New luk clutch about 3 weeks ago. I just received a new mini-moose today from Mel and I'm looking forward to installing it. He was great rushing me the pump and gave me good install advice. Some day maybe I'll move up to turbo but no time now. Pretty soon I'll be ready to do some trailer hauling. I got a lot to do. btw If anybody's selling a 20 ft enclosed car hauler I'm looking to buy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online