So what did you do with your truck today?

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gave Diego a much needed bath on the way home from work. Definitely still needs to be scrubbed but at least I got a lot of the dirt and salt off. I had a 10% off coupon so I also ordered a Grille blanket/screen set like I have on Tank so I can take the cardboard off the radiator.

I think that I washed Diego maybe three times for the entire time that I owned it. Of course no road salt in Florida and he was only in New York in the Summers. I assume the old mule is treating you well?

Oldfrogdiving

Reaction score
I just used my 89 f250 IDI to salvage a hurricane beached sailboat that was getting crushed. The fellah that has the contract calls me, Often to dive for him I got about 400ft of 5/8 chain, a Bauer dive compressor, some SS tackle, some good sail line, was bunches more stuff but he uses a trackhoe on a barge too mangle and grapple then moves it second time from barge to rolloffs. So the IDI was enroute when he texted me, no name for this truck yet but im getting ready to paint it Rustoleum Hunter Green just like my old Dodge so ill probably call it MGT (Medium Green Truck) as opposed to IGT (Implement Green Truck) the 71 W200. Or my BGT (Big Green Truck) my 96 F350 power stroke 4x4 box truck that was previously owned by ARCO in Fairbanks AK. I cant get my pics from my phone to my computer too here im confused with this computer junk.

Oldfrogdiving

Reaction score
Im trying to find pics, my computer dumps all my phone pics when I transfer em im not a high speed guy haha...

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't do anything to it today besides drive at it and yell a few choice words at it. My tach sender started acting up, showing my idle was a flat 400rpm, not moving till 800-ish rpm, then when it'd get to 1200 it dropped down to zero, came back at 2k... never seen one spaz out like that before.

What's really annoying? This was one year and two months ago. I don't think I've put more than 7k or 8k miles on this new sender. The old one died just as quick. The original lasted 300k miles. What gives? -cuss

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you pulled and cleaned your VSS yet? Also, try unplugging the RABS modules that is behind the glove compartment.

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how would those interfere with the tachometer? My speedometer works fine, and my RABS system is one of the only 3 in existence that seems to work, so I haven't messed with either of them.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I don't know HOW they do it, but I have seen problems from both of them, that for a while seemed like it was the tach.

All I really know from personal experience is that if I have a problem with one of the three, I am going to check all 3.

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I don't know HOW they do it, but I have seen problems from both of them, that for a while seemed like it was the tach.

All I really know from personal experience is that if I have a problem with one of the three, I am going to check all 3.
I appreciate the tip! Next time i'm poking around i'll have a look at the VSS, I know it's the original so maybe i'll just replace it for the fun of it. Gonna leave the RABS alone though, I don't want to poke that bear :D

My tach has been working normal today, but i'm keeping an eye on it. I'm gonna find the receipt for that sender and if it acts up one more time, i'll just make them exchange it for another.

Edit to add: so much for it behaving today. On the freeway, cruising at about 70-75mph / 2300-2500rpm, the tach suddenly dropped to zero. After about 3 seconds it came back and it's been fine since. But there's definitely something going on here. Yay!

Last edited:

hce

So can i....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sunday: pull, rebuild and install gear vendors after sons hockey game.
Wednesday after work: Install headlight relay kit.
Friday after work: Notice a headlight has condensation, install new headlights.
Saturday: Up before the sun and 360 mile trip from the middle of nowhere to the other side of the state for hockey. One scare 200 miles from the middle of nowhere oil gauge pegs, the goes down. Wire shorted between wastegate actuator and air inlet, ironically only when in double overdrive pushing up hills. Also really despise the drive into the wind coming off the mountains, trip back should be quieter.

rhythim

Reaction score
Gave the truck a little workout today. Retrieved my '67 Mustang from my mom's garage and brought it to its final home. Rust-free 90k original mile car that Mom bought new in December 1966. I came home from the hospital in it when I was born. Been off the road and parked indoors since the '70s. Quite obviously it needs everything, but it's 100% complete and unmolested. My dad started taking it apart 20 years ago and boxed up/labeled everything.

It's going on the rotisserie this Spring once I finish getting it disassembled and everything tagged/bagged. Hopefully I'll get it finished before I'm dead. I drove it one time 30 years ago, would like to do it again.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86