So what did you do with your truck today?

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheap is cheap but the two I harbor freight boxes hold the tools, and the three craftsman do a good job. But the Stanley Vidmar is a beast. If you use one you know what I mean.

No shop n n just a plastic truck tool box a small one for grandma "00 impala other the that bed of the truck or floor board

mjs2011

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my old rig running today for the first time in months. I bought a 6.0 back in May, the IDI doesn't get much attention anymore. Getting her ready to sell.

Anyway, truck was gelled up today. It was 10 degrees here today, (8 degrees right now) and the truck had the same fuel in the tanks that it did this summer. A little diesel 911 and a tow strap bump start and she's running like the day I parked her. It'll be a sad day when it's sold. My wife who loves to hate on the ugly old truck even agrees.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I changed the oil, I think it was like 5 years old. I then filled it up with fuel and drove it 600 miles to elk camp and back. Not a single hiccup. Needs return lines. Also forgot I bypassed the fuel water separator so as of right now its running on un-separated fuel. Have a unit off a 7.3 to go on but I didn't have the bolts needed to mount it to the fuel filter head mount thing (6.9 filter head has long bolts vs short ones of the 7.3 fuel filter/water separator unit).

You must be registered for see images attach

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
OMGs is right, they printed everything backwards! :joker:
I guess you have to read that issue while looking in a mirror.
Careful now, that can be an expensive read
It's a little bit more expensive for me. I have to pay sales tax since I live in Kansas. That sucks when I order online.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing about Lmc is the freight. I think st the time anything over 1k got free freight. But the freight cost on a 100$ fender makes it a 200$ fender real quick. Honestly, I ended up buying sheet metal from rock auto. It was just as cheap or cheaper and they had it in stock. Hell even amazon is as good a choice as any others sometimes.

Evan-Fischer EVA16972011230 Fender for Ford F-Series 92-97 RH Front Right Side https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009DJO9RY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_VK-.Bb6EQG8WY

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The thing about Lmc is the freight.

Their shipping charges are crazy. It can easily be $40+ for some little bits that could fit in a flat rate box and go anywhere in the US for under $20.

Rock Auto is crazier: one set of eight glow plugs might cost $5 to ship, or $50, depending on which warehouse it comes out of this week. One brake rotor costs $10 to ship, two cost $40, so I ordered one, then a separate order fro another.

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything outside is literally dripping wet since the temp rose and the fog rolled in last night....

Around noon I went to start the truck (with Max the Meathead Dog already inside) and no power steering, no alternator. Sure enough it threw the belt on startup! It was mostly wound around the water pump pulley. Got it untangled, found no damage, put it back on, truck ran fine all the way to town, a few errands and back home.

I think the pulleys were so wet it slipped/grabbed and fell off. First time I've seen that outside of an unscheduled trip into a snowbank or body of water. Hope it does not become a habit!

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a new tachometer sender today. Started the truck up this morning, spent 5 minutes wiping all the condensation off the windshield, then went to put it in drive and i noticed the tach was dead. Gave it some throttle and it started reading, but at idle it would read zero. Had to drive the Chevy of Shame today :(

New sender was $135 after tax from the dealership. I just replaced it maybe 2 years / 10K miles ago, but they don't have my info in the system so I can't warranty it. Oh well, at least it's supremely easy to change out.