So what did you do with your truck today?

Exhumis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New starter installed finally. It's amazing the difference, had forgotten what a new one sounds like. Guess I got used to the worn out one. New one spins so fast makes me dizzy.

You must be registered for see images attach

square1

Reaction score
Ugh...

Almost to work this morning and I look down and see the temp gauge way up... This thing must be cursed! Can't see where anything is leaking under the hood, almost looks like the fan might be flinging something? I'll take a look when I get done with work and see if I can track it down.
When it appeared my fan was flinging something was the time I found out how far gone my radiator was. Couldn't actually see the bad area of the radiator until I pulled it, also could not see any other place the AF was getting out.

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neighbor pollarded all his mulberries this fall. Then he decided three of them are lifting the concrete. We didn't want to risk cracking the sidewalk with this one so persuaded it with my winch to destroy their lawn instead. Chainsaw and winch in the same day? I'm game. New winch contactor checks out.
You must be registered for see images attach

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When it appeared my fan was flinging something was the time I found out how far gone my radiator was. Couldn't actually see the bad area of the radiator until I pulled it, also could not see any other place the AF was getting out.

Yeah but it's a relatively newish looking aluminum radiator. Quick visual inspection it looks fine but I won't know until later. Most likely just going to fill it with water and run it home, depending on if I can find the leak or not. Can't afford to replace the radiator but might be able to get it patched if it's a pinhole or something. I've got a spare in the parts truck but I'm not sure how good it is either.

jrollf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the truck to drive a little bit over 2 hours northwest, near North Platte, NE, to go three wheeler riding. I left about 7:00 this morning and got home about 8:00 tonight. It was a kind of long day, but it was fun. It was a day late, but I claim this as a birthday ride. It's not every year that I can go riding on my birthday and be comfortable without dressing like an Eskimo. The other guys were luckier than I was. One found a deer skull and the other found an antler.

3 Wheelers... talk about a blast from the past. Had a 90cc Honda when I was a kid. Don't see them much anymore. Was told you can't legally sell them now, even private party because the are too 'dangerous'. Supposedly can only tear them down and sell parts.

I may have been known to go up sand dunes that were so steep I had to sit on the handel bars while pressing the thumb throttle all the way down to make it to the top without flipping backwards... Wait.. no kids that's dangerous don't do that... I would never do that [emoji16].

1993 F350 Crew Cab Dually
XLT
7.3 Factory IDIT w/Banks Sidewinder
5spd Manual

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
3 Wheelers... talk about a blast from the past. Had a 90cc Honda when I was a kid. Don't see them much anymore. Was told you can't legally sell them now, even private party because the are too 'dangerous'. Supposedly can only tear them down and sell parts.
That information was never true. What happened was that when they were called "too dangerous", the CPSC (consumer product safety commission-I believe) made it so that a dealership could lose it's license if it sold a new three wheeler. While it didn't actually make it illegal to sell them, it did almost the same thing. The "Consent Decree", as it was called, was only in effect for 10 years so it expired in the late 90's (1998?). By the time that the Consent Decree expired, three wheelers were considered to be "junk" so most people didn't want them. There was never anything that said that they couldn't be sold privately or used by a dealership. In fact, I remember seeing a couple that were for sale (used) at a dealership around the time that the Consent Decree expired.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^that right there is called snowflake government.
Albeit a spooky design flaw, so is a lot of what MADE the U.S.A. Great!
"Here Bubba hol ma beer an watch thiss"

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Saturday drove my rig bout 3 miles and started blowing coolant out the recovery tank. Cooling system was maintaining pressure so... Figured a failed closed thermostat. Added a gallon of distilled water I always carry and drove home. No problems but engine did warm up again. Today I was planning to remove the thermostat but can't find my Motorcraft spare with gasket. Purchased one from Ebay and will install it later. No over temp dash light came on either.

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stll have 2 old Honda 250r atc a my dad's house both are water cooled I wonder if either would run they have been sitting so long

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah they are inside a barn iv just been away for a while and holy crap do they rip both were pretty fast and I only Parke them because I got into banshees lol