Selling off the ol dually :(

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Works sending me out to North Dakota, and a 2wd dually isn't going to get me far there. Probably going to throw it on ebay a few times and see what kind of bites I get. Who knows what i'll end up with next, but it likely won't be an IDI. I'll be making some decent coin, so i'll be looking at something new to ~5 years old. I'm sure i'll end up with another IDI down the road for a toy, but i'll need something more reliable for a daily. I'm sure i'll be making a few more posts on here while I tidy up some odds and ends to make sure it's ready for sale, I had an interesting year with this thing, but it was fun, nothing like the old trucks.

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What would you want for it as is? I have a friend looking for a diesel. He hasn't mentioned crew cab, but he has 5 kids.

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly not sure what i'd even be looking for it. It's a shame since I know i'll never get the money back that I put into it in the last 8 months, but that's why i'll probably just let the people of ebay decide what they're willing to pay. I'm going to get the new axle under there before it's up for grabs, but if you want him to throw out a ballpark offer, by all means.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
where about are you going to be working?

I've got a buddy here in Minot who's been looking for one, 2wd is ok, just throw a couple sandbags in the rear and you're good to go

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jasper - yeah i have. I'd sure love a new model with my set up (long bed, dually crew) but have you seen the prices on them things? shew, it's a mortgage!

walterus - fargo. Assuming I can find a damn place to rent for now. Doesn't seem like there's anything there except duplex's and complexes.

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Place to rent? If you want to rethink your truck, my dad has a slide in about a mile from your truck he will lay on you cheap.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
The 7.3 Powerstrokes are nice also. I love my obs.
Don't let people fool you with their witchery, they're not as expensive to maintain as people say.
The newer SD 7.3's are nice also, I just don't like the body's.

Or even, IMO, a duramax is another great truck.

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shadetree - yeah i'll be renting since i'm always up and moving for work. and believe it or not there's not really any options out there. What do you mean a slide in?

jasper - yeah, heck i'd love a PS with a bull nose front end. But all of them have so many miles on them and still want a million dollars. Figured it might be time to pony up and get a loan on something with lower miles. The duramax's are indeed nice trucks but i haven't browsed for them just yet, maybe i'll do that.

texcl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a 2004 duramax new and it was a great truck, never had a single issue, traded it in on a new 08 suburban (had 4 kids by then), the 6.5's can be found super cheap up here since they have such a bad reputation. Can't go wrong with a lower mileage duramax or 7.3 power stroke both proven platforms. I'd stay away from the ford 6.0 unless you do all the updates to them. Everyone I've know had to have the engine replaced or had major repairs done to them, that's another truck that is cheap up here in ND. Dodge is coming out with their 1/2 ton diesel 1500 trucks in November, all the reports say that they get far better mileage than the original predictions. I've heard mid 20's in town and near 30 on the highway in one article. I think it will be selling for around 30K. So lots of options.

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something or do they not make manual transmissions for new trucks?? :(