Quick turbo question

SumKindaRanch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will a Banks, Hypermax, or modified stock turbo be best for our trucks? I plan on a 90cc pump rebuild and some stage 1 injectors.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a 90cc pump, you can run it on a stock turbo setup without issue, but upgrading the turbo really allows you to utilize the full potential of it. Heres a video of a ride in a factory turbo idi with my 90cc pump, stage one injectors, 60-1/T350 upgraded stock turbo among other upgrades.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
imo the stock factory turbo/ats 093 kit is the best for upgrading/building off with hypermax being the second best. and banks being the worst.
the factory turbo has parts availability as does the hypermax, the hypermax turbo sucks tho. So for the fuel you have planned you would have to upgrade to a different turbo.(if you dont you will more than likely fight high egt low boost especially with a trailer behind you because you will back out for egts and loose boost) the factory turbo also has lots of upgraded parts available such as the stage 1 drop in from idiperformance.com
the banks is hard to get parts for, and does not have very much you can upgrade.

a stock factory/ats 093 or a banks will do just dandy with a 90 cc pump tho

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont care for them but they seem to work fine, two of the seven gauges got warrantied iirc during this project. Customer service was good and the parts arrived quickly.

rewbrooks50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How's the quality of the glowshift stuff? Looks pretty cool. How did you do the white face gauges in the factory panel?

The glow shift MaxTow gauges are not recommended by most; but, they are working great for me. And, my wife thinks she is in the cockpit is a 747.
The white face on the original gauge panel are a stick-on decal. Can be purchased on line, like amazon. Matched my other gauges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rewbrooks50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For a 90cc pump, you can run it on a stock turbo setup without issue, but upgrading the turbo really allows you to utilize the full potential of it. Heres a video of a ride in a factory turbo idi with my 90cc pump, stage one injectors, 60-1/T350 upgraded stock turbo among other upgrades.

I like that video! Oh that’s my rig.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like that video! Oh that’s my rig.
Got your own video if it to post? I mean, it sounds cool, but it sure looked to me like he barely gave it any throttle. Find a good high speed road and just floor the sucker! Let her eat!
Think something like what I do @ 1:35:

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got your own video if it to post? I mean, it sounds cool, but it sure looked to me like he barely gave it any throttle. Find a good high speed road and just floor the sucker! Let her eat!
Think something like what I do @ 1:35:
I prefer to rag on my own vehicles

derjackistweg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
imo the stock factory turbo/ats 093 kit is the best for upgrading/building off with hypermax being the second best. and banks being the worst.
the factory turbo has parts availability as does the hypermax, the hypermax turbo sucks tho. So for the fuel you have planned you would have to upgrade to a different turbo.(if you dont you will more than likely fight high egt low boost especially with a trailer behind you because you will back out for egts and loose boost) the factory turbo also has lots of upgraded parts available such as the stage 1 drop in from idiperformance.com
the banks is hard to get parts for, and does not have very much you can upgrade.

a stock factory/ats 093 or a banks will do just dandy with a 90 cc pump tho
Is there any reason why you rate these 3 like that?
I don't think banks makes any bad turbo product in its range.

A non waste gate turbo is not a good idea for a 3k rpm engine.

I think, if not ******* a budget, ANY modern turbo will be a better idea. All above are 80ies technology.
Banks one, btw, is a Mitsubishi turbo, if this helps any source.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Is there any reason why you rate these 3 like that?
I don't think banks makes any bad turbo product in its range.
I don't think that he was saying that Banks products are bed, just that it's hard to upgrade them. There's at least two companies that make an upgrade kit for the ATS 093/Factory Turbo set ups. I believe that the upgraded turbos just bolt in place of the original one. That's why they are the best for upgrading.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online