You must be registered for see images attach

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here are some pictures that haven't made it yet.....

I did say the turbo was close.

This is why I frenched in the cowl a bit. Since I didn't mod the intake, I needed a bit more room. I've got to get this thing in the road. You're killing me. LOL

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My experience has been the same Elijah. No lag and plenty of boost to keep the smoke down. I would only consider dropping a size on the turbine A/R if I knew I would never haul anything with my rig. Hauling the camper, the EGT's are much more manageable with the larger turbine. EGT's drive oil temperature. Oil temperature drives coolant temperature. Once coolant temps are out of control, your trip becomes more like survival than vacation. LOL

Heath

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a little update, I have taken the truck on the highway a few times and even with no IC yet it went well. I really never have to go much more then 10 lbs to keep it going. I can hold 65-70 easy through some light hills maybe with 5-8 lbs and between 600-800 on the pyro. I almost think it is a bit quitter with the winders up, forget it if their down, it will get pretty loud. the exhaust note has such a different sound it really doesn't seem like the same truck.

earlier today I pulled a ''heath'' move. I was getting on the highway and layed into it and popped of a boost hose. it was an easy fix. I really need to get a different boost gauge, it stops at 15 lbs and I think I might of hit 18lbs maybe even close to 20lbs. the thing is it still wasn't to the floor. im not sure how much more room I had but at this point I almost think 25 lbs is a reachable number.

the last thing really is to get the IC done. I have some pictures of that coming. if I can pull the truck in for a day I could finish it up. the very very last thing is to finish the hood, but paint doesn't make it functional...

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is what I have on the IC so far.

I had to move the pipe back and plug the hole it came from.

a general idea of how it will look. I need to make another pipe for the other side. I don't weld aluminum much but im getting better.

this is the quick connect I will be using.

expanded view.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its a miller dynasty 350. I have a smaller miller but prefer to use the 350, it welds better and easier.

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perfect. We use a Miller Invision 354MP and a XR-D control with a push-pull gun. We run .035" 4043 alloy wire. Works awesome.

'Course, if it was me I'd be TIG'in it LOL LOL

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All we run are Miller's. I have two 350p machines for steel, one with .035 and one with .045. I use those for everything from welding a floor in a dump truck to small body work. I really never mig aluminum, just don't have the need to.

And then people ask me about harbor freight welders.LOL

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so I was able to get the IC all hooked up today. so far I have only driven it up and down the road, but I still have some results.

I guess I am happy but not happy. the IC is working, I can feel the temp difference on the two hoses. before with my previous tests I could hit 20 lbs pretty easy. now I top out right at 15 lbs. is this a typical los with an IC?

I don't think I have any leaks but I will double check it all.