Project new tow rig, round two!

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Many of you were following me with my 85 crew cab build. Well, stuff happens. After patching up the floor and finding rust up the firewall, my mind was torn. Cab replacement was my thinking. But then I still need to plumb and wire it for the diesel. Well, things happened and one day I found on cl another 85 f350 crew cab. This time it was still srw but was 6.9 with a zf. Many new parts installed on it. Cab was pulled at one point and frame was blasted and painted. Cab is very clean. Interior looks new. Picked it up for 1100 bucks. Now the original truck got torn down and parted out except what I needed. Here is what it looked like when I got it.
You must be registered for see images attach

After getting the other truck torn down, I got started on this one.

For now it will be staying srw and leaf sprung in the rear.

So that's where it sits currently. Still need to install shocks and track bar on front, shocks on the rear and bleed the brakes. For now the 2wd trans is staying till I pick up a diesel 4x4 trans.

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
I will send each of you one. Lol that's PO things. I will be putting better front clip and hood on it

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Need a 4x4 transmission?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
Pm me your lowest price you can go. Don't really need the clutch, still got the one from red that only had 30000 on it. Not even a hot spot on the pressure plate

rwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that a reverse shackle kit I see?What company is it from? we are considering that on our 93, it needs springs anyway,would like to know how you like it when its done and your running it. Going to do that on my IH gasser.
rwk

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its always nice to start from a solid foundation.
and the fact that the frame has been blasted and painted,
youre ahead of the game!

subscribed!

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
The shackle kit is a pmf kit modified and adapted to the older non boxed frame. It is a nice kit.

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
Little update, found a 4x4 zf, just need to go pick it up. Also figured I would just use parts I have laying around and build it all the first time. I have a clean 89 dually bed, and 86 dually fenders. Going to toss them on for now till I find a clean utility body for it. Which means the air ride and dually axle will be going in now. Last night I got the heavy homemade bed off, then tore down the old air ride setup.

Next will be cut up the rest of the old frame and get the truck back inside and start pulling the rear end apart

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score

Got the stuff cut up and out of my way, pulled truck back in and stripped the original suspension off. Wire brushed where hangers were and painted top and sides of frame. Next I gotta remove tank and hitch. Then paint inside and bottom of rails. Then I will start the mock up of the sir suspension

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance