New Tech Article - Hypermax intercooler

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Wow Mel... Really nice job with pics too....:love::hail-Drool I'm now very embarrassed I haven't installed one of my intercoolers yet....My hat needs some modification to fit the banks turbo. Its time to make a plan and follow thru....:angel: Looks like Mrs Moose is really proud of the work you guys did together. I'm envious because I have to work alone....:angel:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
She helped a good bit. ;Sweet She is usually willing to get down and dity when there is free time. And then sometimes she has time to work on the truck too. LOL

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
She helped a good bit. ;Sweet She is usually willing to get down and dity when there is free time. And then sometimes she has time to work on the truck too. LOL

Great minds think alike, and land in the gutter too.:rotflmao:rotflmao

Geez Mel, A black leather vest and she looks cool??? I am thinkin well,,,,,, ummmm,,,, hott!!

Oh thats a compliment btw.

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ooohh.. you want me to drive it now? LOL It's hasn't left the garage since we finished it. Weather has been crappy, and without pulling the camper, I doubt it's much of a test. May have to wait another 40 days to find out. :sly

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Mel.... I sure wouldn't wait for the test drive till you need to be somewhere. If something happens how are you going to make repairs and bee somewhere on time. Hook up and haul it around when the weather is good. That way you will know things are fine.

mattplumber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice. I have to admit- i've never really paid the Hypermax products much attention. Mainly because my truck is factory charged and I roll with a "run what you brung" attitude- But I must say, the more i'm seeing of their stuff the more I like.............looks like some quality hardware.
One of the guys i've seen a couple of times on some jobsites has a 93 f350 IDI that was hypermax equipped many years ago, maybe when new, and he swears it'll blow his brothers OBS powerstroke off the road...........just doesnt have the top end that the stroke does. I've never seen it run down the road but I did hear him start it and leave for lunch one day and it sounded damn nice.

Also, be glad you have a woman that wrenches on her own truck! Thats a needle in a haystack for sure. I wish mine would just put up with ME working on my own junk- I could only dream that she would work on it with me, or furthermore fix her own Land Rover when it breaks! I don't even wanna get to talkin about that piece.................

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea Mrs. Moose is pretty special. No Gary, I won't wait until the last minute. We have had an extremely wet spring, and I've been extremely busy. Just gonna wait until a nice day is all. Besides, I hope to put that Hypermax cold air intake kit on before I take it out, so theres that too.

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
Hey mel nice write up but you made a boo boo:eek: I think, last paragraph in your article reads :
This completed the installation of the intercooler kit. Performance data will be posted back once the truck is dyno'ed at the 2010 IDI Weekend, at which time I will ammend this article.
Just thought i would bring it up, cause it had me confused for a few minutes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle