LUK 07-225

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard to tell from the pics, but is there enough room to weld a single piece of square aluminum stock placed horizontally and then drill and tap your two holes? If you could put one long weld across the bottom in addition to the sides it might make a lot more strength.

Find the right fabricator, that can be welded by the right individual, you just need to find that person.

Good luck whichever path you take.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update, I've found someone on Facebook near me in apollo who is doing a 4x4 swap. He's agreed to sell it to me for 300$ [the 2wd one] and should have it pulled by the weekend. Shifted fine he said, about 150k on it mine had 136k so whatever there but more importantly all mounts are good.

A good question is how heavy is a zf5? Gotta figure out how I'm going to actually move it where it needs to go. I can't remember picking one up ever.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HF trans jack will install it. I thought you meant just moving it from one location to another while retrieving it from the seller.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No your right that's all I'm doing. Paul the guy doing the clutch and flywheel for me has a trans jack I'm just doing the legwork getting another transmission. I have a trans jack too, I just didn't want anything to do with doing this job without a lift. If it was on my 4x4 I might have tried it in my garage.

Here's to hoping this trans is actually good once I get it..

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you found one.

IMO they aren't that heavy. Way lighter than a 4 speed or c6. They can be lifted and moved if your still young and dumb like me but I don't put them in by hand any longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I got the trans from the guy on Facebook and now I'm worried I screwed up..

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Its definitely for a 2wd and was on his diesel but I swear that build date says 95 so it would have been on a powerstroke.. does that work? I can't Google as I gotta drive home from the shop. Ughhh

FarmerFrank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your fine. Diesels are all the same bell until 6.0's.

I have an s-42 from an idi on my powerstroke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No speedometer or odometer though as mine was a 90 and this is from a 95.. not sure how that's going to fly for pa state inspections..

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s definitely a problem. Autometer sells a gps combo speedo/odometer but it would be nice to have everything work like stock. Likely looking at swapping the back half or getting a different zf

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well my state inspection doesnt need odometers if the truck is older than 25 years so that doesnt matter. I track my mileage in the fuelio app so I know what my odometer is at when I fill up.

I just need a universal speedo that's GPS driven. I really like the idea of first gear being 4.14 to 1 versus 5.72 to 1 which is useless and this thing is in really good shape. Kid took care of his truck. I just really thought it looked like an idi and the doner truck was an idi so I never gave the speedometer stuff much thought.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin