LUK 07-225

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't watch the vids but @IDIBRONCO has you all squared away. I had this same thing with my LUK, scared the crap outta me as it was my first clutch job and I thought I really messed up somehow.

I ended up spacing out the inspection plate with washers under (I think) two of the bolts that hold it on. Could be all 4, either way it doesn't take much, thankfully.

The RPMs is an odd one, maybe at 3k it vibrated the plate under the bolts a hair? Or the transmission flexed a hair under the load? I dunno. But it feels good to pull that plate and the noise goes away! I know that feeling for sure

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I noticed the inspection plate has cracks in it, I think what happened was when I really got it spinning fast it caught and pulled it closer and the noise started. Could I just grind out that area entirely on the inspection plate? The bottom is probably the most important part for keeping water out

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed the inspection plate has cracks in it, I think what happened was when I really got it spinning fast it caught and pulled it closer and the noise started. Could I just grind out that area entirely on the inspection plate? The bottom is probably the most important part for keeping water out
Considering I've just entirely removed those inspection plates on all my trucks and had no issues in the last few years, I'd say yes.
Oh, and I am in snow country, and do go through quite a bit of it and water depending on the season. Never had any issues with slippage due to either of them.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Oh, and I am in snow country, and do go through quite a bit of it and water depending on the season. Never had any issues with slippage due to either of them.
That's good to know. It's one of those things that I'll probably just file away for possible future use.

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My inspection cover was missing when I got the truck, but I still want to put one back on... just feel like my zipper's down ;) Anyone got one to sell cheap?

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha I’ve got one I believe somewhere... cheap is all relative

True... I don't really need one, and others just leave them off... so I am not sure what the market price is ;) Let me know for what money you might be induced to throw one in a box :sly

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online