I heard a member is stuffing a 6 where an 8 lived

RedTruck

Reaction score
I don't know what you guys have heard, but I hear that once they go 8 the 6 leaves them feeling less fulfilled. That's what the ladies say anyway... :rolleyes:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Well if it was Darrin, and he really wasn't ready to tell anybody yet, then you guys would certainly be mum about it wouldn't you.

LOL ;p

The Blue Dodge has been sold, I wish I had about 5 more to sell!

Well I have been gone all day, I left at 4AM and headed up to Winsconsin to pick up another possible doner truck for Big Ed. Yes I am having problems with the moter that we just put in and I haven't given up on it yet but this truck was too good of a deal. If it is a doner truck then the rest will be parted out, and yes it does have a C6 with a GV, and there will also be a Banks Turbo setup as well. If it is not the doner truck, then I will fix the body, put a paint job on it and put it up for sale.

It is too early to tell for now.

Here is the doner truck, and no it is not a DODGE! LOL

Attachments

• SV500001.JPG
    SV500001.JPG
    420.5 KB · Views: 19
  • SV500002.JPG
    SV500002.JPG
    435 KB · Views: 12
  • SV500003.JPG
    SV500003.JPG
    426.3 KB · Views: 31

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep... I believe some one here is getting ready to stuff a 5.9 where a 7.3 used to live.... It's not me but I have suspects.... anyone else heard anything? This was not the distrubance I felt in the force... this was in addition to it.

Been getting ready for a 6 soon but it prolly ain't gonna be a 5.9

Here Kitty Kitty:D

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
Here is the doner truck, and no it is not a DODGE! LOL

Well here's to this motor being better than the last one stuffed in there. I'm totally looking forward to another date with that Banks turbo.:puke:

The Warden said:
It would certainly explain why so much of Darrin's IDI "stash" is for sale...

Ehh..... After several motor teardown ventures I can personally vouch for his stock pile of IDI parts becoming a storage issue. :love:

Lord knows I've done my share at whittling down on the pile.;Really

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
It actually takes a lot to swap for a Cummins, it is't just a drop in and hook it up. You have to move the trans back a couple of inches, that means shortening driveshafts, and lengthing the fronts on a 4x4, There are numerous wiring and hooking up stuff headaches, ac, ps, VRV, guages, etc etc.

It aint cheap either, if you want to do it right it can cost you 3 to 4K just for the conversion parts, trans adapter, motor mounts, accesseries mounts etc, that doesn't include the motor. Try to find good low mile Cummns for under 2K. New ****** remans are $8500.00 :eek:

Then if you have 4"10 gears the truck should be regeared to a 355 because of the low 2500 rpm redline on a Cummins.

SO it aint cheap and it aint easy, Most guys have spent 5K to 15K on a good correct swap.

not that I have been looking into it or anything,...:dunno cookoo ;Really

rubberfish

Reaction score
Most guys have spent 5K to 15K on a good correct swap.
Aw come on. Don't be silly. There's guys right here
on OB that say they can do a quality conversion for
2-4K. Including the motor and trans. :rotflmao :rotflmao
Just ask them. :) They know everything, :) even though
they've never even done a conversion, or paid for one. :rolleyes:

Exekiel69

Reaction score

You are just jealous. But just to show You there is no bad feelings I'll show You the parts list when I'm done. But I will leave a cloud of smoke in Your block, for pushing it.:backoff LOL

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
It actually takes a lot to swap for a Cummins, it is't just a drop in and hook it up. You have to move the trans back a couple of inches, that means shortening driveshafts, and lengthing the fronts on a 4x4, There are numerous wiring and hooking up stuff headaches, ac, ps, VRV, guages, etc etc.

Well at least you have an ample supply of spare parts to keep ya on the road for awhile, unless I snag em all.:eek:

I have more for the shopping list so I'll be callin ya again tomorrow.:D

Will work for parts.:rotflmao

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score

:backoff Hold on just a minute.:backoff

I have done a complete engine/transmission conversion, "complicated wiring" and all.

I may not know everything; and don't begin to claim to; but, I did do an engine swap in my truck and was not fool enough to let someone take me to the cleaners on the cost of my parts.

I bought an engine/transmission combo, out of a 68,000 mile wrecked Dodge, for a grand total of $2700, gave Randy at Reliable Diesel some over $200 for a set of mounts, and made a few brackets, swapped a yoke in a drive-shaft, and drove her down the road.

Nothing about the engine swap is second rate, every Ford factory gauge is functioning, the Ford Air-Conditioner is still ice-cold, the Ford alternator still keeps all the lights lit and charges the batteries, everything about the engine swap is better than the truck was new.

You are welcome to have a look under the hood and criticize my work, at any time.

As for paying for the "conversion", I counted the hundred dollar bills across the truck-flat to pay for the engine, and didn't borrow a cent.

A comment like yours would have been expected from over at TDS, but is surprising to be found here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726