Dually Refresh/Reseal/Build

91F350idi

Cody S.
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Thanks alot Al. And Devon, cam went fine. Took me awhile to swap out the gear, lobe, and retainer plate, but finally got it all taken care of. I just got some insulation from Lowes, and got home and found that my gauge pod showed up already. I ordered it yesterday afternoon, so I was shocked that it was here already.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn I love how those gauges look! I really want to get them eventually... Good work on your progress and I can't wait to see how that cam does for you.

91F350idi

Cody S.
Reaction score
Insulation

This is the stuff I got from Lowes yesterday. Today, I removed the old steering box then got wild with my grinder with a wire brush cup, shop vac'd the dust out of cracks, scraped the things I could get to with a razor blade, then sprayed it all down real good with brake cleaner and wiped it down. Gonna paint that side of frame later tonight. Then, when the front half of frame is completely painted, I hope to get pretty busy on finishing painting the door jams, then on to the interior work tomorrow when the jams dry. Im going to pull headliner down, and then proceed to insulate every inch of metal that will be covered by something. Then start putting interior panels back together. Then when carpet get here, I will be ready to install it, and put the seats back in. Then I want to pull gauge cluster and see about putting blue lights in my gauges to match the Cobalt pillar gauges. Anybody tried this yet? or is it a green lens in there to where blue bulbs wouldnt work? Then yank out pedal assembly,fab up the higher pin for my Hydroboost, then Interior will be done.

91F350idi

Cody S.
Reaction score
Todays progress

I had to work part of the day, but with the time I did have, I sanded and painted the driver side door jams, removed the old carpet, and started on my insulation. Extremely time consuming jobs I learned.:puke: I felt like I shouldve got more done, but no matter how fast I worked, it didnt seem like those jobs could go any faster. I hope to have all the insulation done before the carpet shows up.

91F350idi

Cody S.
Reaction score
Air horns

Oh yeah, and here are my two new air horns that Ive luckily aquired for free. Cant wait to see how much trouble I can get into with these thingsLOL

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your insulation is coming along nicely. I bet it'll keep the cap nice and quiet when you blow people away with those horns. ;Poke

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
just found this build, nice work and keep the pics coming! cant wait to see how it turns out in the end.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's coming along very nicely Cody.

Keep the updates coming. Hope to see it at the IDI Rally man!

Heath

91F350idi

Cody S.
Reaction score
a few more progress pics

Attachments

• IMG_1648[1].jpg
    IMG_1648[1].jpg
    474.3 KB · Views: 82

91F350idi

Cody S.
Reaction score
Some more new parts to add to the "Waiting to be installed" pile

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Can't believe I'm (Mr. Red interior or it looks cheap and ugly) like the blue carpet!?!?! Wow I'm going to have to look into some of that carpet(red of course ) LOL.

91F350idi

Cody S.
Reaction score
A little bit of progress today

Today I bought some DupliColor Vinyl/ Fabric Medium Blue paint for my gauge pod. It kind of matches, but Im real picky, so ill probably keep working at finding a better match. Friday I called SEM paint company, and they said the code is 4368 and color is Dark Regatta Blue. He told me to call Vinyl Pro to order it, but Im kinda leery of ordering it and paying the price not knowing if it will actually match mine or not. But anyways, for now its blue at least and I may do some blending some other shades and make it work. I put a screw or two in it just to see how it looked mocked up, I got a pic, but its not a good pic because its not mounted tight, its just sitting in place and you cant really see the color. Hopefully this week I can run all the wires and mount it in place. I also put my timing cover plate back on the engine, fuel pump, oil cooler, balancer and water pump. Tomorrow I hope to mount flywheel and clutch, then hopefully bolt the transmission to the engine. Im going to set them in the frame together since I work alone, and my cab in raised off frame, so clearance wont be an issue. My studs should be ordered soon. Besides that, I think I have everything else. Im about to get really serious on this project, because now with holiday season coming, and the weather getting colder, Im kinda ready to be done messing with it for this year. Ill post more progress in the next day or two. It feels really good for parts to actually be going back on the truck. Before installing the insulation and carpet the other day, I had only been taking parts OFF of the truck since early summer. And yes, I just noticed how bad my cheap windshield tint strip has turned purple since I stopped driving it, ill put that on my list to do as well, lol.