anyone upgraded there seats in there trucks

mustangmatt89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once my 93 f250 regular cabs motor is done, I am going to redo some of the interior, I can't decide if I should just have the bench seat redone or put something more comfortable in. The seat has power lumbar but I may be driving and pulling sometimes for 12 to 15 hours at a time I want a comfy seat. Anyone ever upgraded to a newer bucket seat? Any recomendations?

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been through several seats. I had stock ford buckets and hated them.

I then pulled a bench from a centurion f350 and that was a great seat except you couldn't lean back. It rode great and cushioned well.

I then bought a truck that had bench seats that adjusted independently on both sides, but was stationary in the center. This seat has lumbar support and is very comfy for trips. I can sit back and put my head on the headrest and cruise down the highway.

motoboy549

Reaction score
I was actually lookin to do something with my seats too... i kinda thot about takin the ex cab seats out of a 96 or so. They hav the captains chairs and a center consol from purely lookin at them they look like theyd fit.

Last edited:

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They will fit, if you have buckets now you will need to look under the truck and find the holes that match up to the bench. I had to with mine, the spots are marked they just need to be drilled out.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still have the factory XLT bench seat in my truck, and I ain't swapping it out, for several reasons:

1) it has bucket-like shape where the driver and the passenger sid, think of it as two bucket seats joined together in the middle, and the middle has a flip-down center armrest - while I drive it feels much like sitting in a bucket seat, but when I pull over I can still lift the armrest and have the full bench for taking a much needed nap on a full-day road trip.

2) I have the seat both lifted up and tilted back some - it's a 3" lift under its front and 2" under the rear edge, and that 1" difference makes it feel like a whole lot more like a car and less like an old truck, and I fit more comfortably in it (my default setting for any car seat is much like a fighter-jet seat)

3) I have added a pair of Grand Marquis headrests to it even tho the top edge of its back is already shaped into some resemblance of headrests (useless to anyone over 5ft tall), and those headrests are actually adjustable front-back.

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a trip to the junk yard for maby some caddy seats or someother type of leather and a little time with some metal a 110v welder and a nice coat of paint would make you a very comfy set, i have buckets from a 96 f150 ex cab in my reg cab, and it made a huge diff in comfort but i think iam gona go look for some leathers from a mustang maby? idk yet

mustangmatt89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks argve.... I think those seats are something like I was looking for, they look comfy but I didn't want to put seats that were too new in that would then look odd in an older truck but those look the part, and is exactly what I am looking for with the middle jump seat console. I don't want to put just bucket seats because I may have to cram 3 people in the cab and make someone ride ***** lol, thanks for the input thats why I love posting on this forum.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I've got an air jump seat out of an International 9670 cabover semi for a drivers seat and another 9670 jump seat that just has the fore/aft isolator springs to take out the backslap on the passenger side.
That air seat is the best ;Sweet I'm half crippled and my spine is completely shot. After a run across Oklahoma with the 5er and spending a week in bed chomping pain pills after, I had to do something. That air seat does the trick.Of course, being out of a semi, the lumbar support is amazing and there are oodles of adjustments on both seats .
In between them I have a center seat /fold down armrest that was a pull from a new '08 superduty.

bigrandy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the 40-20-40 out of a 96 F150 standard cab in my 85 and it was the best upgrade Ive done so far.I liked it so much I just picked up another for the back.Bolted right in and looks like ford put it there.

DragRag

Reaction score
I have 96' Eddie Bauer seats in my 1990 Super Cab utility truck, and they a huge upgrade over the stock seats. I can sit in those all day long without fatigue, they look great, and have the fold down center console for my right arm with the cup holders. All around best IMO. Wish I had them in all my trucks to be honest. Go to your local auto wrecker, I got my 40/20/40 set up for less then $100.

If someone here wants my factory buckets with center console for free here let me know. If no one here wants them, I'll post on craigs for FREE. Rather give them to an Oilburner then craigs person.

pafixitman

Reaction score
I have 2008 Ford Escape Limited power leather seats in my truck. Agnem helped fab up a bracket to mount to the factory bench bolt holes and then hold the new seats. I have a center console from a 2008 SD that I have yet to install between the buckets.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gosh that's funny. I had forgotten all about that. I put a new Flexsteel 40/20/40 seat in the Moose Truck many years ago. It was new, and cost about a grand. Not for the faint of wallet.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
here are the ones that the Enterprise got.

I liked the hidey hole all the way under the cushions.

Attachments

• seating 011.jpg
    seating 011.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 26
  • seating 012.jpg
    seating 012.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member