anyone upgraded there seats in there trucks

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I am not sure of the fit, but if the seats out of a SuperDuty / Excursion would fit, they are very nice. I have an 03 Excursion, with the Eddie Bauer Trim package. They are heated / 6 way power leather buckets. I can sit in these all day while we travel. Keep in mind that I have a bad back, that I MUST take regularly scheduled medications to keep moving and out of pain. At times, the truck seats are the only "chair" that I can sit comfortably in.

fields_mj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't mean to jump on this thread, but this is some great info. I've been wanting to upgrade my seats since I first called about my truck last summer. About the longest trip I would take would be 4 hours up to see the in-laws, but comfort is ALWAYS nice, and I REALLY need to get a set of seats that are independently adjustable so that my daughter has some leg room while she's in her car seat in the back. I've asked questions on here several times, but I get more confused by the answers than anything else. From what I'm reading here, it sounds like almost any seat out of an F150, F250, or Excursion will fit into my truck (currently an old vinyl bench seat with a crappy cover on it) regardless of the year. Does this sound right?

Thanks,
Mark

tknomaj

Reaction score
No seats from any f150-f250 until 1996 f350 till 1997 will be bolt in .1999 or excursion will fit but be prepard to drill holes in your floor

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the captain's chairs in my 1985 Ford/Cummins; a little less than $1200 apiece over twenty years ago and worth every cent.

Mine have dual foldable arm-rests, adjustable head-rests, tons of padding; they sit better than a LazyBoy Recliner and look awesome while doing it.

About four years ago, I spent a small fortune having them re-covered and the padding replenished; more money well spent.

I rode in these seats at "normal" height for several years; then, about ten years ago, I put two-inch risers under them-----WOW!!!!! :D what an improvement; they were wonderful before and much better now. :D

I like riding high and not having the sinking feeling that I am sitting in the floor looking upwards at bird's bellies, not being able to see the road.

The only way I could make my seats better would be to mount them onto an air-ride pedestal out of a big truck. :thumbsup:

Back last fall, I was spreading out the local news-paper on my work-bench, to keep some oily mess under control.

Looking back at me, in the classifieds, was a tiny black-and-white photo of another pair of captain's chairs, complete with armrests and all.

These are like-new, hardly ever sat upon, as the guy that had them had removed them many years ago from a big fancy custom van in order to install a handi-cap side-door and a wheel-chair lifting mechanism for some relative of his; the seats had sat in his climate-controlled finished basement ever since.

The price was right-----REALLY RIGHT !!!!! :D ; so, I immediately quit what I was doing and headed over there.

These seats are right now resting comfortably beside the couch in my den, awaiting better things.

Although they are good as brand-new, the only problem is that they are a powder-blue velveteen/velour; whereas, the interiors in all seven of our trucks are reddish burgundy/maroon.

I wonder how they would turn out if I carefully removed the upholstery and ran them through the washing-machine full of good old RIT dye ??? LOL

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only problem is that they are a powder-blue velveteen/velour; whereas, the interiors in all seven of our trucks are reddish burgundy/maroon.

I wonder how they would turn out if I carefully removed the upholstery and ran them through the washing-machine full of good old RIT dye ??? LOL

Any ideas ?? :dunno

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
My truck came with these seats when I bought it. It (and I'm not saying this because its mine) is seriously the most comfortable ride I have been in--ever! LOL

I can run both tanks from full to empty in one trip and still not have a sore ass when I get out to fill up.

You must be registered for see images attach

Not sure who makes these, but if you run across some snag them quickly! ;Sweet

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here are the ones that the Enterprise got.

I liked the hidey hole all the way under the cushions.

NICE!;Sweet Do you know what vehicle they came from?

Mine came out of a late 70s chrysler cordoba. Not ideal because there are no arm rests or flip down center seat, but the price was right at $150: (color was perfect too)

Attachments

• IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    772.5 KB · Views: 10

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
My truck came with these seats when I bought it. It (and I'm not saying this because its mine) is seriously the most comfortable ride I have been in--ever! LOL

I can run both tanks from full to empty in one trip and still not have a sore ass when I get out to fill up.

You must be registered for see images attach

Not sure who makes these, but if you run across some snag them quickly! ;Sweet

Those look like conversion van seats

MotleyCrueCab

Registered Abuser
Reaction score
I just picked up a set of seats from an 01 superduty for my 86 single cab. Leather, in good shape, and the price was right, but it looks like its going to be a fair amount of fab work as the seats are much larger than the stock bench.... any body have any experience mounting these in an 86.. i'd appreciate any incite.