Another Interesting IDIT Failure

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every other oil change I put a bottle of seafoam in the crankcase while I’m pulling the truck into the garage. Thoughts on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To short of a soak???
+1 caint hurt nothing...
What was diesel rx service interval???? 3 oil changes???

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a fwiw...
Back in the day...
I hauled an old willy outta its hibernation, flushed fluids, hot plate under engine,
No spark...
Dist. Locked up tighter thanna ducks ****...
Soaked it in a can of diesel for a week or so, hit it with compressed air, stuffed it back in, fired up.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Hopefully you didn't proceed to wash them in [leaded] gasoline with your bare hands in your kitchen...

I waited till Carol was gone & then I ran them thru her dishwasher.......LOL
(I got to hurry up & get my shop built so I got somewhere to sleep....gets old sleeping with the cats!!!)

PROFG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about, say 5 cranks of the engine with the key out of the ignition?

Hey, best thing about this, is that you can still put the diesel in the fuel tank afterward! :D

What about some ignition off cranking with filter still removed to flush oil cooler? No chance of entering oil gallery and could see when flush "complete"? Then drain, flush with oil, install oil filled filter and oil, and proceed as normal.

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every other oil change I put a bottle of seafoam in the crankcase while I’m pulling the truck into the garage. Thoughts on that?

I think it would be a lot safer to pull the truck in, shut it off and set the parking brake, THEN put the seafoam in :rotflmao

Probably doesn't hurt anything but I'm not sure it really does much either. Every brand of additive has its fans...

At the last oil change, I put 3 gal. of old diesel in my crankcase and let it sit for 2 days before draining and refilling with 15W40. The diesel did come out dark, but not near as black or goopy as I had been expecting. Maybe my IDI was just cleaner in the pan than some...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online