“The 6.9” project thread

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Admittedly, I probably wouldn't feel this way if most of the Prius owners that I've seen didn't act so smug about driving one. I've only seen one who wasn't. He was pretty cool about it. This was after we got back off of a barely maintained sand road that was about 11 miles long. A few spots had pretty deep sand that almost didn't feel like it had a bottom.

Attachments

• 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    324.4 KB · Views: 22

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
C
Admittedly, I probably wouldn't feel this way if most of the Prius owners that I've seen didn't act so smug about driving one. I've only seen one who wasn't. He was pretty cool about it. This was after we got back off of a barely maintained sand road that was about 11 miles long. A few spots had pretty deep sand that almost didn't feel like it had a bottom.
Cars that aren’t meant for off road conditions tend to be a lot more fun off road LOL

JAKRANCH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lately for me its Teslas. Had one try to commit suicide in front of the semi. They hauled butt to pass me for a turn 25 yards in front of me and then crept around it like a granny. Pretty sure their ears were burning cuz I was sure talking about them

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lately for me its Teslas. Had one try to commit suicide in front of the semi. They hauled butt to pass me for a turn 25 yards in front of me and then crept around it like a granny. Pretty sure their ears were burning cuz I was sure talking about them

I have a issue on the highway with tiny cars wantting to hang out on either side of me where its hard for me to see them, this is even with my flashers on. Kinda think need to find some passing/suicide mud flaps for my truck.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what are these things?
I started the truck this morning and it started leaking coolant out of the lower radiator hose. I should’ve been more level headed but after driving it all day I think it was just a loose clamp or something. That’s just exactly what it did before lol so that’s right where my mind went.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started the truck this morning and it started leaking coolant out of the lower radiator hose. I should’ve been more level headed but after driving it all day I think it was just a loose clamp or something. That’s just exactly what it did before lol so that’s right where my mind went.
Has to be a loose clamp right? I mean your 7lb rad cap will open before it'll blow any hoses off when they are installed correctly. Could just be that it needed snugging up after a bunch of heat cycles from the work you did.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s up guys It’s been a minute. I have been ordering crap and now realize I have a lot of stuff ready to install. I’ve decided I’m basically going to gut the cab because there’s a bunch of messy stuff under the dash and I want to get the firewall all sound deadened. I have new black carpet, about 100 feet of killmat, gonna do some mods to the tracks of my new seats, I also am going to re wire my sound system and get the amp and subwoofer under the rear seat. I’m also going to re wire my gauges and finally finish wiring my switch panel. I have new speakers and a new radio for it. Gosh what else. This isn’t really a pressing matter but I got a new engine stand that doesn’t look like it’ll fall on me and I’m kinda collecting some stuff for the 7.3. Decided I’m just going to stud it and get the heads done and run it. Everything looks amazing on it. I guess also I need to get the windshield resealed because I was wearing rubber boots driving the last rain storm we had LOL

Hope you enjoyed my recap and so so grammar/punctuation.

Attachments

• 6E7D2C3D-5932-4582-9D39-2FD8072449D7.jpeg
    6E7D2C3D-5932-4582-9D39-2FD8072449D7.jpeg
    292.6 KB · Views: 9

jwsfarrier

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice man, sounds like some fun projects. I have all the stuff to do basically the same upgrades u are going to do. Life has delayed my progress somewhat however, so i am going to live vicariously through you. I have enjoyed the progress on your truck, keeps me motivated. Especially being from Norcal, gives me some connection.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice man, sounds like some fun projects. I have all the stuff to do basically the same upgrades u are going to do. Life has delayed my progress somewhat however, so i am going to live vicariously through you. I have enjoyed the progress on your truck, keeps me motivated. Especially being from Norcal, gives me some connection.
Well thanks man. I’ve been on this forum since before I even got this thing just watching peoples progress and it’s pretty sick that we can all share it with eachother. NorCal is the best LOL

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I did some janky **** and now there’s a 7.3 in my garage. I’ve never owned a new engine stand before, I think I’m getting alright at this.

Attachments

• CC0120F4-E012-4D8B-998D-8E945037D8DF.jpeg
    CC0120F4-E012-4D8B-998D-8E945037D8DF.jpeg
    245.7 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 34

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member