“The 6.9” project thread

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Lol. My 6.9 took several beatings a week at 10-12 psi on 4 hour trips just to grab and go with maybe 30 min to an hour of off time before heading back another 4 hrs. Thats with an empty 24 ft goose that weighs 4000 lbs going there and on the way back adding another 6k or so to the trailer. Did that fir two years straight. Now she just hauls in town within 30 or 40 miles of the house. Still runs strong and no real issues. I think my buddy borrows it to haul his welding trailer around more than I drive it anymore. But as you know, results vary from person to person, and truck to truck.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol. My 6.9 took several beatings a week at 10-12 psi on 4 hour trips just to grab and go with maybe 30 min to an hour of off time before heading back another 4 hrs. Thats with an empty 24 ft goose that weighs 4000 lbs going there and on the way back adding another 6k or so to the trailer. Did that fir two years straight. Now she just hauls in town within 30 or 40 miles of the house. Still runs strong and no real issues. I think my buddy borrows it to haul his welding trailer around more than I drive it anymore. But as you know, results vary from person to person, and truck to truck.
Well mine is studded so I’m probably perfectly fine haha. My last run in with my head gasket just has me a little nervous still even though I’ve put damn near 10k Miles on it since then

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No pics OOPS. Yesterday I pulled the serpentine setup off my turbo engine and today I sold the turbo kit and fuel filter head!! I won’t say how much I sold that factory kit for but I got about 3/4 of my money back just from that LOL

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got some clear taillights. I know they aren’t a lot of people’s style but I’ve always loved them.

Attachments

• 63B0C6E5-0354-443E-A353-F8A2F257D46C.jpeg
    63B0C6E5-0354-443E-A353-F8A2F257D46C.jpeg
    403.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 5C59852E-8478-443F-9D45-69C3B9222D05.jpeg
    5C59852E-8478-443F-9D45-69C3B9222D05.jpeg
    305.2 KB · Views: 16

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I like them. I like the corner picture a little bit better since you can see more color than white. For me, I just like breaking the color up a little bit, but that's strictly personal. Overall, I see nothing at all wrong with the new tail lights.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O
I don't need them, just curious since they would only be used in clear lenses.
Ohhhh my bad I thought you meant the actual lenses. So funny enough, these came with led’ bulbs. They only worked with the brake lights, not the running lights. So instead of screwing around with them I just went to auto zone and found some red 1157’s. I’d love to convert to led’s soon though. I was just lazy.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you sir. At first I didn’t know if I liked them a ton but as time goes on I definitely do.
I like them. I like the corner picture a little bit better since you can see more color than white. For me, I just like breaking the color up a little bit, but that's strictly personal. Overall, I see nothing at all wrong with the new tail lights.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's bragging rights right there!
What’s weird is here in town there aren’t a whole lot of people who appreciate these trucks, and the only ones that do are already my friends or family lol. It’s a big town but it’s all a bunch of Honda’s. So I never really get that satisfaction of people looking at it (I hope that doesn’t sound cocky). I love that on here we all are super supportive of each others trucks but it really caught me off guard when it was in person LOL I didn’t have my speech ready

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
What’s weird is here in town there aren’t a whole lot of people who appreciate these trucks, and the only ones that do are already my friends or family lol. It’s a big town but it’s all a bunch of Honda’s. So I never really get that satisfaction of people looking at it (I hope that doesn’t sound cocky). I love that on here we all are super supportive of each others trucks but it really caught me off guard when it was in person LOL I didn’t have my speech ready
If you want to get looks in your truck, just drive to the Friday night football game during halftime and idle around the parking lot looking for someone. Not that I've done that or anything,lol. Now if you really want looks,my favorite, is when I get a Prius behind me as I am accelerating up a steep hill! I hate the idea of rolling coal, but for some reason when there is a Prius involved, I just have to get on the throttle. Those Prius drivers are always starring at my truck after that,lol

Rock

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
It’s a big town but it’s all a bunch of Honda’s.
And? So is my garage (with a few Kawasakis, one Suuki, and a Bultaco thrown in for a little different flavor). ;Poke

(I hope that doesn’t sound cocky).
Not at all. It sounds like stating facts to me.

I hate the idea of rolling coal, but for some reason when there is a Prius involved, I just have to get on the throttle.
Me too!:cheers::rock::joker: