“The 6.9” project thread

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every once in a while I see a PU in PNP with a set of these, though not very often.
When I was searching for the links above, saw a NOS OEM in a Ford box on E-Bay for $73 and $10 to ship...yeah right.

I picked up some of these D Ring tie downs to place inside the Bed on the side walls. Maybe 2 on each side, with carriage bolts and Fender Washers on the back side.
I bought them a Walmart but this is a HD Link. I like the pictures on them using Wood Screws on the Trailer bed. Those should be securely bolted down.

Goat

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good evening/morning/afternoon. Whatever it is for you goons. Today I drove up to Sonora, about 2 hours from me, and bought a sterling 10.25 from a really cool guy who decided he’d sell it to me for like half of what he was wanting. Anyways, truck did awesome besides some nice vibrations from the rear end. My plan is to, at some point, either do coils or an rsk and newer super duty axles. But that’s down the road. So I figured I’d just throw another rear end in it while I do other crap.

Attachments

• C09C9114-98FB-40C0-B483-2B063E37B724.jpeg
    C09C9114-98FB-40C0-B483-2B063E37B724.jpeg
    301 KB · Views: 14

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got everything cleaned up. Took the cover off and found that the gears look fantastic. Got some seals and stuff coming now and we should be good. For a long time I’ve wanted to do disc brakes on the rear but I’ve read alot of mixed emotions so I guess I’ll just stick with drums.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    476.9 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    346.9 KB · Views: 12

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Unless you're doing almost nothing but heavy towing, I don't think they're needed. A hydroboost swap is enough for most of us.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you're doing almost nothing but heavy towing, I don't think they're needed. A hydroboost swap is enough for most of us.
It would take a lot to convince me that any disc swap is actually a more powerful brake setup than the 3" drums. Discs are simpler, have less failures, self-adjust. But properly adjusted the rear drums are quite strong. Get an adjustable proportioning valve and they would be unstoppable! Er, they would stop like crazy. :fight: LOL

Anyway I didn't used to believe the guys that taught me that until I learned how to keep the darn things adjusted.

And from all accounts, hydroboost FTW!

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled into work and noticed that I was dumping oil/diesel everywhere. Once I got home I saw that somehow the rear most valve cover bolts were loose on the passenger side. Fixed the oil. Then I started it and saw that a few of the return caps were pouring fuel. Cool. Then I turned it off and noticed the coolant leaking all over from a loose radiator hose. Sure feels like a Monday to me.

YJMike92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled into work and noticed that I was dumping oil/diesel everywhere. Once I got home I saw that somehow the rear most valve cover bolts were loose on the passenger side. Fixed the oil. Then I started it and saw that a few of the return caps were pouring fuel. Cool. Then I turned it off and noticed the coolant leaking all over from a loose radiator hose. Sure feels like a Monday to me.
Sounds like my Wednesday that felt just like a Monday. I hope you got it all worked out.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like I fixed the oil leak. The fuel is coming from one of the return caps I believe so I’ll need to get some o rings

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I pulled the caps off and did o rings. Fixed that leak. But it was still dumping diesel on the ground. My favorite part about daylight savings is that when I get home from work around 4:30 it’s already getting dark so I can’t see ****. Grabbed a light and realized that the bottom of the injection pump was spewing fuel. So I pulled the damn pump off and somehow the little plug got loose. I’m not sure how that finally happened after like 15k miles but whatever. Anywho, after doing that everything is nice again. Now to swap axles soon. Tomorrow I’m going with my buddy to get an engine for his PowerStroke.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoa glad it was not serious!

And daylight saving time is junk. I don't know one person that likes it or gains any benefit from it.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoa glad it was not serious!

And daylight saving time is junk. I don't know one person that likes it or gains any benefit from it.
The only thing that I kinda like is in the morning I feel a little less tired and the sunlight being out already helps me not want to quit my job and sleep. I’m still a teenager….. just pretty passionate about affording stuff.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only thing that I kinda like is in the morning I feel a little less tired and the sunlight being out already helps me not want to quit my job and sleep. I’m still a teenager….. just pretty passionate about affording stuff.
Whats that quote from the native:

"Only the government could believe if you cut the bottom of a blanket and sew it on top will the blanket be longer"

Our kids don't like it, mechanical clocks are a pain to go back an hour, and farm animals dont abide. Arizona has it right!

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I believe this is a very funny issue now that I think about it. My coolant leak. I figured it was a hose clamp or something so I kept moving it around and tightening it. Nothing helped. What I realized, was the dang petcock on the radiator was stripped somehow and as I drove it would blow the coolant up the bottom hose and literally left a trail that looked like it was leaking from the hose. I was so confused. That’s all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88