Turbo kit install question

BigNick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A last year, I bought a turbo kit that i believe was origonally belong to Darren off of a guy on here. I am in the process of installing the turbo on my F-250. Does anyone have a guide or general tips on how the installation should go? Also, a parts list would be great.

We are making sure before we start tearing into her I have everything I need. Sorry for being away for so long guys.

Speedy replies appreciated, and thanks again guys!

suv7734

Reaction score
If that's the kit I'm thinking of it's a Banks with the big aluminum air box. If it is I have the original parts list and installation manual in .pdf format (3 files). You'll need to give me or PM an email address because it's too big to send here. Let me know...

Bruce

BigNick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is the banks kit, not the sidewinder. Just an aftermarket Banks for a 7.3.

I was trying to pre-assemble on the floor of my garage trying to make sure everything there.

I am kinda lost, because I am using my 88 7.3 with a banks as a basic guide, which i have torn apart and put back together on two occasions.

suv7734

Reaction score
Info is on its way. Just watch the Nordlock washers that are used on the bolts holding the oil drain tube to the bottom of the turbo oil outlet. They may or may not still be with your kit. If they are, they work the opposite to what most people think in that the 'ramps' go together and the smooth sides go against the bolt and the outlet tube. Let us know if you have any questions.

Bruce

BigNick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was really hoping Darrin might be able to shed some light onto what kind of kit it is. I am kinda kicking around here in the dark, as I need to order some gaskets for it, and the info Bruce sent me didn't match up 100%

gandalf

Reaction score
There are only a limited number of early Banks kits to choose from. I have the installation manual and parts list for one of them, if you'd like to PM me an email address. I'd be happy to send you a pdf copy.

Is this the turbo you have?

Attachments

• 2005_1004_111206.JPG
    2005_1004_111206.JPG
    858.6 KB · Views: 24

BigNick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no idea. it has a banks air box, and that is as far as I know. it is on the floor of my brother's garage as we are attempting to figure out how the hell it goes together.

BigNick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys, here's some pics. Sorry they are not the best quality.

You must be registered for see images attach

In our garage-floor pre-install plan, we are not able to get things to line up as they should, in the sense, the exhaust outlet of the turbo set up is about 90 degrees away from where it is supposed to be.

We were wondering if we could seperate the boost half from the exhaust half (bad wording, sorry) and re-attached it after turning it 90 degrees. the bolt pattern seems uniform, so at that point it is the matter of the metal bits inside still lining up, and replacing seals.

Can the seals be done with RTV?

It arrived with 3 studs broken. The seller said there was a few bolts missing, guess he also meant studs.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
IIRC that was the turbo system that Darrin sold to someone then it whoever bought it turned around and sold it again using the same pics I took of it.

Not sure IIRC there were any broken studs when it disassembled but I do recall spending $45.00 out of my pocket getting 3 down pipe bolts drilled out of the hot side housing.:dunno

The up pipe can be rotated around to fit but does appear that all the major parts are there and the wheel housings can be rotated by loosening the 6 retainer bolts.