Truck for sale. Was "need a mechanic who can work free in TN"

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool. Sounds like he better be carefull though... He might give them mohawk haircut guys a good name, and then what. :dunno

LOL

Then at the opposite end of the spectrum we have.....

well if the starter is screwed I'll work with what I got, cause I aint got ne money for a new starter

This means either....

A) I don't believe it's bad, so I will continue on the hope and belief that it is good.

B) If it is bad, that doesn't matter.

or perhaps

C) It is good and must be something else.

That sounds like there is a 33% chance that we are not wasting our time. COOL! ;Sweet

:rolleyes:

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without cable TV at home, I need something to fill in for all the soap operas and Jerry Springer that I've been missing... :rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

Cool. Sounds like he better be carefull though... He might give them mohawk haircut guys a good name, and then what. :dunno

LOL

Then at the opposite end of the spectrum we have.....

This means either....

A) I don't believe it's bad, so I will continue on the hope and belief that it is good.

B) If it is bad, that doesn't matter.

or perhaps

C) It is good and must be something else.

That sounds like there is a 33% chance that we are not wasting our time. COOL! ;Sweet

:rolleyes:

:rotflmao:rotflmao This is great stuff!!! I'm selling tickets around the office as we speak! I was gonna offer it up for free but I see an opportunity to make some cash!! Gonna have a whole bunch of new registrations in just a few! LOL

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
:rotflmao:rotflmao This is great stuff!!! I'm selling tickets around the office as we speak! I was gonna offer it up for free but I see an opportunity to make some cash!! Gonna have a whole bunch of new registrations in just a few! LOL

Let us know how the tickets sales go... We might need to up the "ratings" a bit. :rotflmao

I haven't given up yet. I'm uploading a video of the cranking speed of my truck to show mine about where the rpms when cranking should be. Mine may be slower than other members, but I have two good batteries and a good starter too.

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
Here is the video.

Starting & Running

The outside temp was about 80F at the time I filmed the video. This is a start with "leaking" return lines and on WMO blend (50/50). Hope this helps. I'll check back in later after I get done playing in the pool. I'm getting too old to deal with the heat... :rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
Rotflmoao. Im checking back in on my phine at work and this just gets better and better. All the comments... Oh jeez im gonna bust something.
Punk

agnem u and towcat are pricless, i gotta meet u sometime.

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
up there they are used to getting rained on all year long and freezing their hind ends off too.

Not much rain here most of the time. This year has been weird though. Justin lives in the area that gets the rain. I live in the "High Desert". It was 80F when I filmed the video and 102F when I posted it. We are used to the 100+ weather in the summer and -10F temps in the winter, but if I can go play in a pool rather than just sit in the heat, I will.

Nothings hotter than having to reach your hand down by the IP after driving the truck in 100F temps for 45+ minutes though. cookoo LOL

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
well if the starter is screwed I'll work with what I got, cause I aint got ne money for a new starter

Maybe someone would loan or sell you a used/good starter.
We really are a group of (mostly) guys who know, love, and for the most part understand these trucks.
Your truck will not start unless every part of the starting circuit is in good shape. New batteries and new cables and a bad starter will not do it. Trust us--no one here is trying to spend more of your money than necessary. On the contrary, we are trying to help you get it running as cheaply as possible, but some things must be done right. No one is trying to insult, or embarrass you; just trying to get you to listen, and do exactly what needs to be done.
Hang in there.

BROWNIEBOY525

The old fleet
Reaction score
unfortunately to fix this truck your going to have to spend some money. Amusing parts are good is not going to get this truck going. Just by a quick read through it sounds like your in need of 2 good batt's a set of positive and negative cables and at this point probably a starter. Who knows what else? If you dont have the money for this stuff let the truck be until you do so no more damage is done.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no nether will work you will address me as either Fordman or Recruit ****** Klein :) :)

I salute you ****** Klien.

Hang in there, you'll get an education that is priceless.

Question -- Are you a ****** because you live in Watertown.