1989 F250 Stage 3 Intercooled T04Z for Sale (PA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of this is documented in a full 5 year build thread : https://www.oilburners.net/threads/1989-f-250-7-3-project.83864/ and on LaRosa Motors youtube channel.

If you want a bunch of IDI performance parts, this is for you. You can scrap the truck and still be ahead. Clean PA title.
I have been daily driving this truck for months.
It has been on 14 hour road trips.

I'm selling because the next chapter of my IDI/Projects requires me to have a higher GCWR truck.

Below is outlined a fraction of the cost of trucks, parts and build on this package.
I stopped counting at $15K. Total cost into this (original purchase price of truck, multiple parts trucks + performance parts) is probably around $25K+. There's alot not on this list, I included most of the "cool" stuff.

Package Includes:
  • 1990 F250 7.3 IDI Studded NA Block w/ Comp 910 Springs
  • CDD Stage 3 Turbo Kit w/ T04Z turbo
  • R&D 130cc IP w/ 5k miles currently on the truck
  • CDD 130cc IP (this is a one-off experimental pump) No warranty. Off-Road/Pulling Use. It's pushing more than 130cc but has low streetability depending on your opinion of streetability.
  • ATS 093 Turbo kit (off the truck)
  • R&D Stage 1 Turbo kit (brand new and off the truck)
  • R&D Downpipe for said turbo kit (brand new and off the truck)
  • Intake snail for R&D turbo kit
  • Aarons IDI Upgraded Cooling Fan
  • CDD Downpipe and Powerstroke straight through exhaust (At this time I'm a grinder not a welder except for SMAW. Welds look poor but it holds)
  • Hydroboost with new F-super MC and all new lines
  • Walrboro fuel system with aluminum lines (if you leave the fuel system on without the truck running it sometimes has the slightest drip until you adjust a connection near the filter)
  • Manual
  • Balljoint D60 swap with full recent front end rebuild (see on channel)
  • zf5-s47 w/ summit performance clutch kit - doesn't hold the full power
  • BW1356 (F250 yoke)
  • BW1356 (off the truck, F350 yoke -IE Swap the current yokes or TCs for 4WD, if you make it 4wd remove the zerk fittings from the front ujoints)
  • New front double cardon drive shaft (off the truck)
  • Borgesson steering shaft
  • Red head steering gear
  • Clean OBS Ford SRW bed
  • New front seat upholstery
  • Unknown mileage - 300k+
  • I hacked and welded the cab together from multiple trucks and $1K+ in panels. I'm not a body guy and I did it mostly with a stick welder. You get the picture but its not rusted. As an example, had to put the front core support on hockey pucks for alignment. Another example, the front core support is new from LMC but for a Non-AC truck so i cut the bottom off of it and welded drop bars.
  • Additionally, I pretty much cut the factory harness and wired a good portion of the truck in sections myself.
$12k - non negotiable, no trades, cashiers check we go to the bank together to cash it

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just read your whole thread over the last few days. Awesome work and I cannot believe it hasn’t sold yet.

Do you not have room to keep your caddy, bronco, this pickup, and your future heavier duty rig?

I thought I read you mention it may not work for DD duty with the 130 pump and T40Z. But in the video of you driving around, sure looked doable. I have crossed lines somewhere.....

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm selling because the next chapter of my IDI/Projects requires me to have a higher GCWR truck.
So I gotta ask: what medium duty platform are you going to build? I'm just curious what GCWR you are going after with what I can only guess would be a more pumped up IDI.

As the National Enquirer used to say back in the 80s: "Enquiring minds want to know." :popcorn

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just read your whole thread over the last few days. Awesome work and I cannot believe it hasn’t sold yet.

Do you not have room to keep your caddy, bronco, this pickup, and your future heavier duty rig?

I thought I read you mention it may not work for DD duty with the 130 pump and T40Z. But in the video of you driving around, sure looked doable. I have crossed lines somewhere.....
Thanks man. I have room but don’t like seeing things sit. After long drives, PA, VA, up to pocono mountains, back all within days I am confident this truck could be a DD.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I gotta ask: what medium duty platform are you going to build? I'm just curious what GCWR you are going after with what I can only guess would be a more pumped up IDI.

As the National Enquirer used to say back in the 80s: "Enquiring minds want to know." :popcorn
The T04Z truck was great for experimenting with “bolt ons” and some mild fabrication. I want to experiment further than that with the IDI. I do demo derby and off roading as my primary focuses for fun. I’m in process of switching things around, T04Z truck and Caddy will go to a new home. I need something that can pull a multi car gooseneck for distance (think PA to UT). Can an IDI do that especially this one, no doubt. I’m going to go with an F450. I’ll be continuing and using the bronco build and trailering that all over. I will also be working on running the first IDIs in demo derby. You guys will see a lot of unique data and stress testing points come out of that.

Lumberjackchuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Random question, since I watched your video on timing the truck, are you selling that timing kit as well???

Working on a build right now and looking for one. And I’m prob not too far, bordering PA on NJ side.

Also, with how much youve spent on performance parts etc… why not swap your motor into a new truck, or atleast some of the parts?

Also… how about that run stand you made? If you’re selling that too let me know

Last edited:

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Random question, since I watched your video on timing the truck, are you selling that timing kit as well???

Working on a build right now and looking for one. And I’m prob not too far, bordering PA on NJ side.

Also, with how much youve spent on performance parts etc… why not swap your motor into a new truck, or atleast some of the parts?

Also… how about that run stand you made? If you’re selling that too let me know
I’m still running IDIs via demo derby and off roading, just not as a tow rig. Thanks.

There’s also nothing wrong with this truck. I just need something newer and DRW for what im doing.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump - this package was non negotiable in its current form, but I’m going to keep the second turbo kit and parts not on the truck. Consider it now negotiable. If no lucky buyer by end of October I’m going to strip the truck and it will go into other projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online

No members online now.