the worst engineering part of your Ford?

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Does the transfer case shifter buzz constantly for everyone else too? Mine buzzes like an angry hive and drives me crazy, from what I've read it's really common and I think exclusive to the IDI trucks.
Most 4x4s I've been in have had that buzzing super annoying.

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Not much I can complain about on my fords well at least since working/driving dodges.

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have an awfully annoying vibration at exactly 1100 rpms before? Doesn't matter what gear I'm in or even if I'm in gear or moving at all. Just 1100 rpms inside my dash right where the temp and fuel gauges are but it's coming from behind them. Have looked for it since I got the truck two months ago and just cannot find anything that could be causing it. It's only heard from inside too. Lost.
I'M NOT ALONE! Mine does that EXACT same thing, right at 1100 rpm; in gear, in park / neutral, doesn't matter, it always makes a buzz right at 1100 RPM and goes away at ~1200 RPM. All these years I thought it was just me going insane.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the transfer case shifter buzz constantly for everyone else too? Mine buzzes like an angry hive and drives me crazy, from what I've read it's really common and I think exclusive to the IDI trucks.

i discovered the cause and figured out how to fix it! it took me a little while of living with it and a couple times looking it over but i found it in the end! very easy couple min fix!

ok,get down under the truck.look at the shifting mechanism.see the shift pin that rides in the groves.or perhaps it's called the lock pin? anyway,it's the pin that let's you slide and lock into position each gear-2hi/n/hi/4lo well if you look,that little ******* is rubbing on the t-case housing just enough to vibrate and cause that rattle which echoes up through the handle into the cab! look and you'll see the scratch mark.grab a big ars pry bar and tweak the assembly outwards so that little locking pin isn't rubbing anymore.......go for a nice quite ride and crank up some LEMMY! :rock:

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'M NOT ALONE! Mine does that EXACT same thing, right at 1100 rpm; in gear, in park / neutral, doesn't matter, it always makes a buzz right at 1100 RPM and goes away at ~1200 RPM. All these years I thought it was just me going insane.

im not sure what this might be.personally i would start with insuring all my dash bolts are snug.reason why id start here is because they are all exposed.up around the top of the windshield and down along the bottom of the dash.you'll need very long extensions but making sure these are snug only takes a minute.i know when loose,they can cause some loud annoying squeaks.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
you guys are picky though.all i want is for that damn OD light to stop flashing!!!!! :D

460mudsports

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dorman makes metal replacement interior door handles. The parts stores around here quit carrying the plastic ones and only carry the metal ones. They are available in chrome and BLACK. Part #'s are 77177M right and 77178M left for the black metal ones. The style matches the 80-86 handles I think. These are what I have in my 95 F150.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oye'
How many threads about " my 5 gear is huanted" compared to the auto?
But in as much as I'm tires of rowing gears for the last 40. I get it.