Parts becoming obsolete

jj339629

Reaction score
I'm new to the IDI world and have found that parts are becoming obsolete. For example, I have the belt tensioner with the support shock (1 of the 3 variations ford created for belt tensioners on the IDI). Ford no long makes these parts as they are "obsolete according to two dealerships and the aftermarket stuff from Autozone/Napa/Oriellys/Advanced Auto don't fit. What do you guys do in this situation?

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just get a parts bronco or find people parting things out, maybe pick n pull or CL
...... where would I be without my "parts bronco". You see, it's dual purpose.....I store stuff in it AND I pull stuff off of it.
I'm actually committed to getting a few more 80-86 trucks just to have. Because if an insurance company tried to "total" my truck I might have a "come apart".

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Why broncos in particular? Aren't they just a shorter wheel base f150 and no diesel?

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why broncos in particular? Aren't they just a shorter wheel base f150 and no diesel?
They look really cool, even on blocks. When other ford guys see them you can say things like, "yeeaaah, I'm gonna fix it all up and do this and that......" And watch them get the palpitations. And storage, my parts bronco looks way better than a long bed with a camper.

Attachments

• IMG_20221002_171812.jpg
    IMG_20221002_171812.jpg
    623.3 KB · Views: 19

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife would leave me if I had parts vehicles again.
I used to have an 87, 88, 88, and 89 in my back yard. All diesels.

I now have grass for the dog to poop in.
The bricknose trucks are where you messed up, but even if they were bricknose broncos there's such a "cool factor" to the bronco that even the most nonunderstanding wife would understand. You could even store diesel engines and parts in your parts bronco and have all your neccicery body parts from the doors forward for your regular truck, it's genius! Fortunately, for me, my wife understands and supports my old truck/bronco habit.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I've owned a bullnose and several bricks, between the two I have to say I definitely prefer the bricks over bull, in my area bricks are far more common over bulls.

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've owned a bullnose and several bricks, between the two I have to say I definitely prefer the bricks over bull, in my area bricks are far more common over bulls.
If I could ask...what is it about the ones that you prefer that draws you to them..? I am a bullnose myself...(is that 80-86 ?) but I have a brick that I have been saving for years that I might fix up. It has (had) a 460, ZF, and 4X4 all of the driveline is sitting in the bed under a cover.

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When it comes to the body I prefer the bullnose. But I do like the interior of the brick nose better.

I really miss the one that I totaled, it wasn't a diesel but I loved thet truck. Was an 89 f250 4x4 rclb with a 302 and zf5, I had an 84 clip and bed on it. Was the best of both body styles.

James

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7