Return cap o-rings local source?

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I searched here and found that I should get Viton 111 o-rings. I can find them online (not sure if the durometers vary). I was hoping to grab some at a local auto parts store (Napa) but a search on their website doesn't get any results. And if I go there they'll probably just ask, "What vehicle does it go to?"
Do any of you know how to buy these at a local chain auto parts store? Orielly's, Napa, AutoZone, etc. (since they likely won't be much help if I go there)

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be more inclined to try a hydraulics shop or a tractor parts store. They're more likely to understand what you're asking, at least in my experience. Maybe a tractor dealer parts counter?

I think tractor supply carries them, but I'm not sure if they're Viton or just the cheap rubber.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I usually buy the universal pack from harbor freight, has enough in it to finish the job.

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Nero.
They'll end up costing me $1 each but at least I won't have to wait for them or drive around hoping to maybe find some. My daughter is picking them up for me now.
Hopefully these will get my new install to stop leaking. And hopefully 10 is enough to do so.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can buy them in packs of 50 from McMaster-Carr for around $10.
It`s Viton size 111

Goat

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI, the ones I got in the Viton kit from Harbor Freight today are the brown ones.
Not sure if that designates the durometer or if it matters.
Hopefully they stop my leaks.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Any parts store will probably not have any Vitons on hand. I they do, they probably won't have 16. If not, then they'll probably try to talk you into using rubber ones. Parts store aren't a good place to fine these. They can order you a return line kit though, along with more waiting.

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
If you end up needing some in a pinch, you can order the entire return line kit from O’Rielleys and likely Napa too. But it won’t be cheap. They should have it by next day.

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try motor craft viton 6.9 o rings my dealer had em but currently I have 5 different brands because apparently some brands work on some caps but not other brands it’s been a nightmare and yes I did order everything from classic diesels initially.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
You can buy them in packs of 50 from McMaster-Carr for around $10.
It`s Viton size 111

Goat
Recently (2-3 mo ago) I ordered couple bags 50 from McMaster-Carr for bout IIRC $8+-$9 ea bag 50 just have on hand, didn't take but couple days.....

LOL Way I do it is I put most of them in usual place where my pumps, injectors, return line kits, etc, etc are put & stored. Then i stick a set here, there, other places all over the shop, even some in the house garage. I'm bad bout forgetting things & whur I put it. Takes too much time 1/2 day hunting so I've learned a lesson!!! LOL LOL Now if I could only remember what I was hunting I be A-OK!!!!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth in case anyone needs them in a pinch, they're NOT Viton, but Tractor Supply does carry the correct ones at least at our local store.

You must be registered for see images attach

Having all the dimensions on that package in the picture might help someone find them locally too.