Return cap o-rings local source?

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually buy the universal pack from harbor freight, has enough in it to finish the job.
FYI, the HF ones stopped my leaks and they did say VITON.
I don't blame the ones that came with Russ' injectors. I didn't cover the threads when I put them on so I may have damaged them while rolling them over the threads.

Another FYI, a lip balm cap (ChapStick, etc.) works nicely to cover the threads. Load the o-ring onto the cap and then set the cap over the threads and roll the o-ring down.

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah bad advice from me.
But after you locate some locally, be good to have a bag or 2 on hand for the next go around.
I think Amazon also has them.

Goat
actually I would call this good advice because this company has a lot of useful stuff at decent prices and they have a bunch of warehouses.

I needed a piece of aluminum pipe threaded at both ends to fix a leak on a fuel station at an airport a few years ago. I was amazed at how fast it came in and I got the thing fixed.

You know that a small airport is just an airplane gas stop...they exist mainly to sell fuel and fixing that thing pronto was important. I was grateful and appreciative.

My latest buy from them was a pair of U-clamps to hold my rear lower shock mounts...they were thicker and more robust than the originals and fit great.

I look up whatever I need from Mcmaster-Carr before anywhere else.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can buy them in packs of 50 from McMaster-Carr for around $10.
It`s Viton size 111

Goat

Yeah. I just didn't want to wait a week? for shipping.
Speaking of shipping, McMaster-Carr is the worst for shipping prices. They don't give any indication of shipping price until you pull the trigger. the $10 bag of o-rings will cost $14 shipping. :frustrate
I would be a McMaster-Carr fanboy if not for the shipping thing...it's fine if you are ordering a lot of stuff but for little stuff it ends up being double the cost.
FYI, the ones I got in the Viton kit from Harbor Freight today are the brown ones.
Not sure if that designates the durometer or if it matters.
Hopefully they stop my leaks.
From everything I've read and experienced, viton can be colored whatever. Black, brown, green, red, etc. So color means nothing.
But glad they worked and thanks for the tip @Nero for the HF oring pack in a pinch!