What is the going rate, reman 6.9/7.3 engine replacement and an injection pump

Wrenchmonkey316

Reaction score
I’m wondering about how much I will spend total for a reman engine and injection pump for a 6.9/7.3 parts only, not labor. Thank you for your input. Not that I’m needing anything now, I’m just curious about it.

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
Sad to say.... "Going rates" are a thing of the past.

Try your google-fu, and phone nearby engine shops. Brace yourself. They probably need good cores from you to rebuild.

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m wondering about how much I will spend total for a reman engine and injection pump for a 6.9/7.3 parts only, not labor. Thank you for your input. Not that I’m needing anything now, I’m just curious about it.
Seven months ago I paid $8k for a Jasper reman engine with IP. I used my old engine for a core. It came with a two year unlimited mile warranty, for what it's worth.

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I second that, you could hit up jasper, but otherwise your best bet is to get a long block and send it out for machining then build it yourself.
I like that plan. Now that I have my truck here in Florida I'm inclined to do that so I'll have a spare engine. It was going to be $3500+ to get the truck shipped from Idaho to Florida, I went with the Jasper engine and drove it home.

Wrenchmonkey316

Reaction score
I like that plan. Now that I have my truck here in Florida I'm inclined to do that so I'll have a spare engine. It was going to be $3500+ to get the truck shipped from Idaho to Florida, I went with the Jasper engine and drove it home.
Oh nice! That’s a bit more than I thought. I noticed that car-parts has used ones, around 100-200k miles for around $3000-$4000 with a one year warranty. I’d definitely be careful who I got it from but that seems like a pretty good deal considering how long they usually last.

Wrenchmonkey316

Reaction score
I second that, you could hit up jasper, but otherwise your best bet is to get a long block and send it out for machining then build it yourself.
About how much is a good rebuild kit? Machine shop costs? Just roughly… I did a dual cam Subaru master rebuild on an outback a few years back and it wasn’t too terrible of a job since I had some extra time on my hands. These are so heavy though.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
You'll have to piece together parts, there is no 'rebuild kit'
So get a head gasket set, bearing set, pistons, call your local machine shop, as rates everywhere will vary... Or you could call R&D and see what they charge for a core rebuild. Probably upward of $5000

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I had forgotten about them. I've used them in the past and have always had good luck. I knew several people who bought rebuild kits from them and never any complaints.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online