The New NMB2 build is alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The mocking and assaults need to stop. I know Towcat is tired of policing these posts and so am I. I'm about to the point of just locking any posts that mention anything about this build! I keep checking this one and see it made it several pages before it started, but low and behold it started.

Discussing the build is one thing, degrading someone here or on PSN needs to stop by all parties involved.

Thanks...

I agree with this and as such I'll repost here what I just finished over at PSN

All I know is I am waiting very patiently for actual Dyno numbers with RPM boost and all other related info....gear set, tyre size and pressure...relative humidity, temperature barometric pressure etc... any and all empirical data to once and for all say ya...an IDI can do the Big Block power levels and do it well! I don't expect 600 HP and 1800LBS ft Tq...no but I can see 4-500 hp and 6-800 Tq from this machine. The only way is NUMBERS...

So lets all sit back and enjoy and revel in the outcome of some very costly...time and money outcome of this thread. I suspect that NMB2 will be overjoyed with it and we should all celebrate his OUT of the box approach along with Racin to their builds!

Who is anyone to say this or that won't work...if they have not tried it...who is anyone to say that this works better if they have not gone out of the box...My money spends how I want..yes I'll let others speak a mind...does not in anyway mean I have to be confined to that point of view.

I applaud the Justins...hope I spelled yer names correctly for your efforts, already I have myself begun some long term build plans to include some of your methods...though not all, I too have a mind to do things and perhaps I'll have a different build with exceptional #'s ...perhaps not...what I'll have is my own...

Nuff said...Kudos guys...keep it up.

I think that about sums my thoughts up...

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, when you think about it, a build like this isn't THAT prohibitively expensive, costs between 5-10K depending on how much of the fab work and ordinary engine build work you can do yourself. Not much more than an installed drop in longblock with the turbo upgrades that will throw down much less power. I'd rather build an IDI or an older 80s or 90s diesel that I understand and can work on with whatever powerplant than be paying the bank 500 a month and up for new truck payments.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious how much better it can start in the cold with timing and what not. I haven't seen all of the vids but it did ok I guess after having been ran. I thought IDIs weren't picky until 18 or less from what I heard..?

and I remember that low compression IDI sound clip from Ken I think it was :eek:

The thing sounded sweet though :sly

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious how much better it can start in the cold with timing and what not. I haven't seen all of the vids but it did ok I guess after having been ran. I thought IDIs weren't picky until 18 or less from what I heard..?

and I remember that low compression IDI sound clip from Ken I think it was :eek:

The thing sounded sweet though :sly

He said it started really well at 27*. It just smoked a lil bit at first.

david_lee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bet the decision to go with a split manifold has to do with the stock design's ability to flow large volumes of air. by just looking at the pictures, i'd bet he increased the maximum overall flow rate of the intake by about 1/4 to 1/3.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
i bet the decision to go with a split manifold has to do with the stock design's ability to flow large volumes of air. by just looking at the pictures, i'd bet he increased the maximum overall flow rate of the intake by about 1/4 to 1/3.

Nope, I think that it just cuz it looks cool! ;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well Darrin it does look cool thats for sure. Its gives me all kinds of ideas too...:sly

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's all just sit quietly now and wait for the results. I'm closing this thread just so we can get a fresh start on a new one when there is something new to talk about. Everyone's cooperation in keeping the spirit light and positive is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7