The New NMB2 build is alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
He's not doing twins. He's doing a single S362 that will go through a single pipe into the intercooler and then will split into a Y pipe into the intake.

yeah, I dont get it. Why go thru all that work to run a single charger:confused:

93_444idi

first on race day
Reaction score
twins aren't necessary. if it can light that turbo with little turbo lag then there would be very little advantage to a twin setup. theyd light a little quicker but to get that little advantage youd have to buy two small turbos and make sure they aren't too small to get the boost #s you want without being out of their efficiency range ect, ect. I'd just run a single too. Or if I felt i'd be providing enough fuel I'd fab up a compound setup.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He got one of the better turbos you can get for our engines IMO. It spools well and provides a good amount of boost without being out of its efficiency range. And if he wants to upgrade to a compound setup later down the line, he can always do that. But as for singles, it works extremely well on his engine.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Because a single will get the job done with less building headaches.

How do you figure? He already custom fabbed exhaust manifolds for it....what would have been the big deal to alter their flow a little, add a pedestal to each one then run the cold side to the intake? If this is the case....what the hell sense does it make to have a twin feed intake with a single turbo? He could have modified the passages like he did but left it single fed.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its also harder to tune a twin setup. You have to tune for equal pressure and it can be a PITA. And a compound setup takes a lot more piping. But both a really cool...

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
I agree both are really cool. However, if you've got a wye splitting the air flow to each bank of the engine....isn't their a possibility that one side could have an incomplete burn?

EDIT: Sorry for the lighthearted jabbing.

Last edited:

wmoguy

Reaction score
I agree both are really cool. However, if you've got a wye splitting the air flow to each bank of the engine....isn't their a possibility that one side could have an incomplete burn? With how arrogant he seems to be, he should be able to tune two turbos by crossing his arms and nodding his head.

:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Guys, let's not mock him or anything right now. Things are still tense, and there was some flaring up and some anger on PSN last night....resulting in me telling Clydesdale to shut the hell up.

Let's not give any reason for offense.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
The mocking and assaults need to stop. I know Towcat is tired of policing these posts and so am I. I'm about to the point of just locking any posts that mention anything about this build! I keep checking this one and see it made it several pages before it started, but low and behold it started.

Discussing the build is one thing, degrading someone here or on PSN needs to stop by all parties involved.

Thanks...

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree both are really cool. However, if you've got a wye splitting the air flow to each bank of the engine....isn't their a possibility that one side could have an incomplete burn? With how arrogant he seems to be, he should be able to tune two turbos by crossing his arms and nodding his head.

You would have to tune it so that boost and drive pressure were about the same. How would you have an incomplete burn? I'm confused by what you mean other than one side having less boost and not burning all the fuel on that side?:dunno

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
If one turbo is performing less than the other by means of wear or injector differences it can happen and compound a balance problem.
Having a common manifold for both chargers would keep all cylinders being fed the same amount of charge air.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If one turbo is performing less than the other by means of wear or injector differences it can happen and compound a balance problem.
Having a common manifold for both chargers would keep all cylinders being fed the same amount of charge air.

Oic. That would make sense. You just would have to pretty much balance pressure.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Oic. That would make sense. You just would have to pretty much balance pressure.

I think as Ron mentioned, a balance tube could be utilized as well. Cool looking setup. I got a couple intakes if someone wants to experiment! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online