9 years in the woods

85rollback

Reaction score
Here is the 1985 rollback 6.9 after sitting for at least nine years. The po tried his best to to get it running after having it towed to it's resting spot. Haha we've all been there where we just kinda give up and let it sit for a few days. Then a week. Then three years... All glow plugs bad, but only one swelled and stuck. 66k miles. I may do a cab swap with a 1948 Power Wagon cab I have. Question: the FSS is the front spade on the ip. What is the solenoid closer to the cab in the ip? I put 12v on it to fire, but it doesn't seem to matter when it's running. Happy New Year everyone!

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
That is the timing advance solenoid, helps with cold engines.
Got any pics? Nice find.

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have GOT to learn how to post properly. Sorry guys.
You're fine. And you've come to the right place.
With a cold engine, when you turn the key on and depress the throttle pedal it activates a timing advance and a high idle for starting/warmup. When up to temp. it will turn off and switch to a low idle. (If it's all working properly)

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very cool rollback. Just wondering: what's the powertrain? I'm guessing stock that should have come with a normally aspirated 6.9 with a T-19, PTO coming out of the transmission?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calroc