Superchared diesel inside here...

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I don't think that will fix it. After adding fuel, I can watch it stand in the neck. Remember, this is/was not a diesel from the factory. I just have added the diesel parts. Now, I have recently added the fuel filler off of the FRONT tank of one in a bone yard. The rear one was gone so thats why. I am going to try to pull it to see what I can do to get the filler vent to work. I will probably try to find some sort of hose that is more flexable to get it to work. My main concern now will be getting the rear lights to work properly, and then I will start work on the filler. I have heard about that mod, but I would be happy if I could get more than a gallon added to it at half a tank. I know for a fact that it is about 1/4 gallon of fuel and it will not take anymore prior to driving it (again, that was with half a tank).

Tomorrow, will be the upgrades to the tensioner and more than likely I will test the gauge since I know I am adding boost, and more pookey to seal the hat to the intake.

SWS

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is the leak pretty much where the hat seals to the intake then? Also how much boost do you think you are making with the pulley that is on right now? 2-3psi?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a very interesting thread, and I really want to thank you for going the supercharger route. We get so many people that pop in here on occasion and say "why not supercharge" and we really don't have any good projects to point to. This will help greatly in giving people an idea of what is involved. My hats off to you for thinking outside of the box.

With regard to the pulley diameter issue.... have you considered building a step up pulley? Think like a gearbox. You need an intermediate set of pulleys. Use your stock crank to turn a smaller pulley that has a larger pulley on the same shaft, and then use that larger pulley to turn your smaller pulley. Might work! Dunno.... :dunno

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very cool project SWS! It may not have been the result you hoped for but, it is still very impressive none the less. My hat is off to you! I hope you can make it to one of the Rallies with that rig so we all can drool over the unique mods you've made.

Thanks again,

Heath

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
The step pulley is the jackshaft I was speaking about. That is what my SC uses and I have a spare one. Not sure what the % overdrive for using it is, but if I HAD gone that route, (the smart way instead of the cheap way) I would be making boost.

It is hard to tell how much boost it IS making rather than the boost it is not making. I know there is positive pressure because it is a blowin out the hat that seals to the intake. When I speed up the SC and get near the 10psi just off idle, I will be happy...for a while. Remember, I have two different style of SC, and 3 different SCs. There is a certain case called MPX.

The MPX has material added to the back of the case to allow more flow into the case and a ported outlet to allow for more boost at cooler temps. You can spin it to the moon. I am going to have one of the cases ported and add material to the rear to make it like the MPX. By that time I will have to add my IC so I have some other stuff to get done.

I am not afraid to tackle anything and can do it all (and have the certification to prove it) except body work and paint. I am going to get into that soon enough as the back end is a little on the falling apart from holes side.

Hopefully more to come today.

SWS

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The step pulley is the jackshaft I was speaking about. That is what my SC uses and I have a spare one. Not sure what the % overdrive for using it is, but if I HAD gone that route, (the smart way instead of the cheap way) I would be making boost.

It is hard to tell how much boost it IS making rather than the boost it is not making. I know there is positive pressure because it is a blowin out the hat that seals to the intake. When I speed up the SC and get near the 10psi just off idle, I will be happy...for a while. Remember, I have two different style of SC, and 3 different SCs. There is a certain case called MPX.

The MPX has material added to the back of the case to allow more flow into the case and a ported outlet to allow for more boost at cooler temps. You can spin it to the moon. I am going to have one of the cases ported and add material to the rear to make it like the MPX. By that time I will have to add my IC so I have some other stuff to get done.

I am not afraid to tackle anything and can do it all (and have the certification to prove it) except body work and paint. I am going to get into that soon enough as the back end is a little on the falling apart from holes side.

Hopefully more to come today.

SWS

It will perform really well I'm sure when you are done. What is your timeline that you plan to add the intercooler and port the blower? Also after you port it, if you keep the some pulley arrangement you will be making more boost too. Porting a SC like the M90 will really help with efficiency and overall power.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Dont have any timeline. Like today, I was trying to play catch up on my sleep since having to change work schedules this week (only) and got home at 430ish this morning. Heard the yelling and screaming from the kids a TON and could not get solid sleep. So...got NOTHING done on the Bronco except putting a few gallons of petrol in the tank. Seems to allow you to fill it if it is near 1/4 tank, but only with a gallon or two. Tomorrow I am going to my parents house and will seal the top and test the gauge to make sure it is working, while I am there.

Sunday, MAYBE I will be able to get a tensioner mod done.

SWS

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
There is a 01 Lightening supercharger at Phil's Autoparts in Southgate, MI for $500 for the kit w/ intercooler

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Acutally, I put the manual tensioner on it to deal with the belt issue where it is all the way at the loose end. Fixed that with no problems and rolled out to dad's. Still about the same with "0" reading on the gauge. So, could there be a problem with the SC, or am I just not ODing it enough. Maybe both...but I am going to put more OD on the blower and try it that way. I will start on the new pulley at the new year when time permits and keep you guys updated. Thus far, I only have the one vid, but will get more when I get the chance.

There will be pix tomorrow as well if time permits.

SWS

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
SeaWalker- what size pulley is on your M90? (Sorry if I missed it.)

If you do the calcs- assuming your crankshaft pulley is 6" like the motor in my shop and assuming the stock 3.5" pulley on the M90:

At 2000 rpm your M90 is putting out max: 6/3.5= 1.71 ratio; 90*1.71*2000= 307,800 units at 100% efficiency (At a more realistic 80% efficiency = 246240)

At 2000 rpm and 420 cubic inches your engine requires 420/2=210 per stroke * 2000= 420,000 at 100% efficiency (At a more realistic 70% efficiency = 294000)

It looks like you need to spin the M90 much faster to see any real pressure.

My .02 cents

You have a potato in your intake.;Really