Squealling noise

aaklingler

Reaction score
I get a squealing noise when I engage the clutch. It usually only does it in 3rd and 5th gear. I also get a chirping noise in 2nd and 3rd gear when I'm coasting down a hill with the clutch fully engaged. Anybody have any ideas what is causing it?

aaklingler

Reaction score
Where is a good place to get a good throw out bearing and pilot bearing? I'm working on my 93 with the 5spd.

mrbison

Reaction score
It's probably either your throw-out or pilot bearing. Unfortunately, to change out these you've got to do some serious work. I would say as long as your truck is shifting fine I wouldn't worry too much about it. Does your truck have a lot of miles on that clutch by any chance?

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not anything to be scared of to change them, you just have to scoot the tranny back to slide the old t/o off and new one on.

aaklingler

Reaction score
From what the PO said there shouldn't be many miles on it. Where do you guy get your throw out and pilot bearings?

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that your throwout bearing may be greaseable, I'd at least take a look at it before I pulled the trans as it's a lot of work. Just my .02.

mrbison

Reaction score
I think that your throwout bearing may be greaseable, I'd at least take a look at it before I pulled the trans as it's a lot of work. Just my .02.

x2 on that, if you do decide to drop the transmission, you may want to consider replacing the clutch altogether. It would be a shame to replace a bearing only to have to do all that work again when the clutch goes out...

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a "squealer" in the back once...had to bring in an exorcist to de-funk the trucks bed. Oh, and she couldn't sh*t right for weeks. :sly;Really;Sweet