So what did you do with your truck today?

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello
You must be registered for see images attach
Shouldn't the forks/fingers/diaphragm spring be angled towards the bearing?!? I'm no mechanic but I've always seem them towards the rear end, yours look dead straight. Like so:
Clutch pressure plate
Oh come on now. Just price it at $30,000 or maybe $40,000. I'll bet you'd sell it for either one of those.
I live in Western WA which like many places had a white-hot housing market for the last 2-3 years and sometimes we would get cold-calls or texts asking if we would like to sell. I would just reply, "Absolutely! 1,500,000 cash." Never heard back even once.
Today she idled a little rough, it was a 16 degree F cold start no block heat but I’m not used to that. Normally as low as 10 degrees she fires right off and idles smooth but today was the exception, rough idle and hazing until warm which I guess is “normal” but I’m not used to that.
Where are you in WA that it was 16*? East of the mountains? Could be GP's. If it cleared up faster I'd say injector leaking down. Try the after glow as suggested. Hopefully you get it figured out easily enough. Mine was pretty darn rough lately as I had a leak at the olive at the IP inlet. Fixed that and she is MUCH happier now. Started easily today at 28*-ish and 12 seconds on the manual GP controller.

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah east side of mountains, it’s cold here. After glow makes everything perfect, now mind you it has never idled rougher than a new gas V8 so I am being very picky here.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't the forks/fingers/diaphragm spring be angled towards the bearing?!? I'm no mechanic but I've always seem them towards the rear end, yours look dead straight. Like so:
Clutch pressure plate

I live in Western WA which like many places had a white-hot housing market for the last 2-3 years and sometimes we would get cold-calls or texts asking if we would like to sell. I would just reply, "Absolutely! 1,500,000 cash." Never heard back even once.

Where are you in WA that it was 16*? East of the mountains? Could be GP's. If it cleared up faster I'd say injector leaking down. Try the after glow as suggested. Hopefully you get it figured out easily enough. Mine was pretty darn rough lately as I had a leak at the olive at the IP inlet. Fixed that and she is MUCH happier now. Started easily today at 28*-ish and 12 seconds on the manual GP controller.
On the fingers, generally yes. This is a cheap summit performance SMF kit that has little data on it and no one who has tested it before that I’m aware of. Testing it for fun before a SB goes in.

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a bumper on from some truck, does anyone have any idea what truck? I genuinely don’t know, details in my thread.

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
I put a bumper on from some truck, does anyone have any idea what truck? I genuinely don’t know, details in my thread.
Almost looks like an old dodge bumper. The 88 6.9 I had, came with a dodge bumper, looked just like that, but chrome.

Rock

12pilgrim

Reaction score
My little assistant wanted a ride but I had to replace both rear wheel cylinders and shoes today. Right rear had a leaky cylinder.. pretty wet inside. Bled everything. Test drive revealed a stiff pedal about half the time.. check valve works.. guess my next post will show a new brake booster!

Attachments

• 20221215_145501.jpg
    20221215_145501.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20221216_104613.jpg
    20221216_104613.jpg
    464.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20221216_133650.jpg
    20221216_133650.jpg
    525.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20221216_135731.jpg
    20221216_135731.jpg
    579 KB · Views: 7

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the fork and slave cylinder back on, drained the trans fluid and it was clean but not mercon, glad I did. I need a new transfer pump gonna call it an early night and pick one up first thing in the morning.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I didn't do much. I just wanted to get some more firewood from behind my garage since it's supposed to get very cold this week. I figured that I'd be back home in an hour or so, but that's not how it usually happens with me. While on the way, I decided to pull the XR500 engine out of my storage shed and tear the top end off to see what size piston to order for it. Right as I got there, I saw a man and his wife that I know. I decided to stop and say hi since I haven't seen them for quite a while. That turned into a longer visit than expected. As I was getting ready to leave, another guy stopped by so I talked with him for a few minutes. Then I had to fight to get the XR500 cylinder off of the bottom of the engine. I did figure out why it had no compression so that can be another project to get started on soon. Naturally, I didn't take any pictures until after I got home and it was almost dark.

Attachments

• 102_3535.JPG
    102_3535.JPG
    328.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 102_3534.JPG
    102_3534.JPG
    248.5 KB · Views: 11

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Since the big winter storm is coming tomorrow night, I drove to town to fill up the tanks and buy some anti-gel. Nothing too exciting, but I definitely wouldn't be very happy if I had an emergency and the fuel was gelled up.
I also got in 75% of my order. The last quart was on backorder. -cuss

Attachments

• 102_3536.JPG
    102_3536.JPG
    365.9 KB · Views: 6

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since the big winter storm is coming tomorrow night, I drove to town to fill up the tanks and buy some anti-gel. Nothing too exciting, but I definitely wouldn't be very happy if I had an emergency and the fuel was gelled up.
I also got in 75% of my order. The last quart was on backorder. -cuss
Interested to see pics of the storm. Haven’t had anything yet here this year, not complaining.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Yeah they have been having trouble keeping winter power service in stock locally.
I went to Orscheln to het the anti gel. I must have walked around for 10 minutes trying to find some. They had Diesel 911, but that says it isn't an anti gel (that really doesn't makes any sense to me). There was no regular winter Power Service or any other anti gel. Since I had screwed around until the parts stores were closed, I was starting to get worried. Finally I looked at the Stanadyne additive bottles. One did say that it was an anti gel so I bought it.
Interested to see pics of the storm. Haven’t had anything yet here this year, not complaining.
We haven't had any snow to speak of here either. Just enough to see on the ground a time or two. This morning, we had a freezing fog that left just enough on the tress that it all looked like frost. The little snow we had earlier today didn't even show up if you weren't looking at something dark. The majority of the snow is supposed to go north of us. We might get 1-3 inches.

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fired off at -7 farenheight with no block heat, battery blankets, tender, nothing and we have about 3 feet of snow where I work. Also I have no power outlet access I’m not just torturing mechanical parts unnecessarily.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online