So what did you do with your truck today?

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It may not sound like much, but considering that I almost cut off my left thumb Wednesday morning, I feel like this was a HUGE accomplishment. This morning was the first time that I could use little enough bandaging that I could get a glove on my left had so that's what started this. First, even though the truck had nothing to do with it, I unloaded the firewood that I had cut last weekend. Then I went back into the house for a couple of hours. About 3:00, I started loading up a lot of things that needed to go to my garage instead of being in my house. I drove to the garage (15 miles west on where I live and in another town) to unload it all. I needed some fuel so I drove up north of there where diesel was $.55 per gallon cheaper than the closes town with gas stations had been. As I was pulling up, I almost stopped in the road, got out, and danced a jig for joy. The price was MUCH cheaper than it had been last weekend. The third gas station, two blocks west had it for the same price as these two do. After I got home, I stopped by the Post Office and had a nice surprise waiting there for me from Classic Diesel Design.
You must be registered for see images attach

On my way home from getting bulbs for my taillight harness, this is a station on the back road near my house. Prices way jacked up to try to catch people that are lost.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been around 5.69-5.79 for a few weeks around here. Got all the way down to 4.99 before the latest crisis....

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score

I did a thing! Finally changed my oil. I'm not telling how long it's been... but the year ended in "0"... :frustrate

We already have snow(stop laughing! It's the PNW over here) which is really early in the season for us. Like we usually don't get any until January and just got over 18". Super fun for me with a turbo 4x4, harder starting for the Super Doody. Now she should spin over like a top! A slow, cold top!

Don't look now but this stuff was so cheap on amazon... I couldn't believe it. Full synthetic 5w-40 for $26.13/gal.
After the oil change I got to add 3 gallons of free fuel to the ol' girl. :Thumbs Up
We have no snow here in the Beaverton/Portland area. Sure is cold. I want snow :(

KGIA103

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a Christmas tree from the forest today. Snow was up to my waist and so deep in some spots I had to turn back. IDI did great and sure liked being plugged in for a few hours this morning with temps in the teens.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Decided to replace the broken turn signal lens now that it's freezing out....

Now as soon as I get the new bulbs for cab markers I can get it inspected. As long as I don't hit another deer... I'm running out of spare parts!

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score

On my way home from getting bulbs for my taillight harness, this is a station on the back road near my house. Prices way jacked up to try to catch people that are lost.
You're saying the cash price is jacked up or the credit, or both? I've never seen credit over $0.10 higher than cash here in Western WA. Good idea for biz to squeeze the tourists, lol

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
It's funny, I can drive to Oregon city and it's 30¢ cheaper per gallon, almost worth the drive.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're saying the cash price is jacked up or the credit, or both? I've never seen credit over $0.10 higher than cash here in Western WA. Good idea for biz to squeeze the tourists, lol
Yes specifically the credit but the cash too is still higher than if you know which direction to go 0.5 mile

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couple days ago the Arco in Minden, Nv. has cash price $4.60. Cheapest anywhere, and even in Carson City. Most fuel is $4.85.

Last week we were heading down to the Post Office in Minden. we live up in the hills and take 3 2 lane roads to get down there.
The last road Iam zoomin along and feel a spurt of energy for a second. I back off and hit it again, and does it again. Sounds like air in the system.

We get to the light at 395, turn right, go up a block or 2 and get in the left turn lane.

Get a brake turn quickly left then right to get into the PO Parking lot....and she dies.
Put peddle to floor and a few RRRR and she lights off.
Get the heck out of the parking lot and park in the alley open hood to see if there is a leak.

Wife comes back... we are running out of fuel.

I gingerly pull out on the side street, and make a slow left turn on 395 to the Arco.
Put in 38.952 gallons, and I always fill to where it almost runs out of the fill spout.
Dang that was cutting it close.

It`s a 38 gallon tank.

My FSV does not work, I bypassed it and run the rear tank straight to the engine and back.
The front tank I have it plumbed to an electric pump, to use as a transfer pump.
Wish I had hooked it up now.

Edit:
I should have mentioned, I use my GPS to get accurate mileage between tanks, it must have gotten unplugged a couple times. The cigarette lighter must have unplugged it self, as Iam always checking it and pushing it in.

Goat

Last edited:

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swapped out the transfer case in my wife's bronco. The original TC had a messed up speedometer gear and cable as it turned out. THAT'S why I have the parts bronco! So she's got a speedometer now. But while I have your attention and your thinking about speedometers, does anyone know about 3rd gen Camaro/firebird speedometers? KITT is a 1990 firebird 305/4L60E, I've replaced the speed sensor in the tranny, I put a different dash in it, ECM, every reasonable conceivable piece that effects the speedometer has been changed or messed with. If I plug up the speed sensor at the back of the transmission and take my foot off the brake, as soon as the car starts rolling the speedometer runs up to 140mph and the car shuts off. I've inspected the wiring harness (note: it's miserable working under that car.....I really love my wife though)I can't figure it out, and got to thinking," HEY!, maybe the oil burners know. Anyway, transfer cases ain't that bad and my wife has at least one vehicle with a speedometer! So I got molasses cookies! OH YEAH!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20221205_132146.jpg
    IMG_20221205_132146.jpg
    396.8 KB · Views: 9

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I used to own a third gen camaro, and I had to put a potentiometer resistor in line for the tach to read correctly, they have a little circuit board in them that the traces fail. Could be something similar. That generation of Chevy, they were kind of low quality and took shortcuts. Shorter harnesses, lower quality printed circuit boards, ect....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online