So what did you do with your truck today?

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cleared the tress I've watched grow while hearing my neighbor say he would take care of for 15 years. A few maples and a big oak that was dead. Plenty of fire wood.

You must be registered for see images attach

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I re-worked my down-pipe today because I didn’t like how I had made the angles before. Now it will be much easier to connect to the exhaust. I also purchased a 110 pump from cdd. The 110 is probably a bit much so I’ll definitely be dialing it down a couple notches but I got a killer deal on it, so it doesn’t hurt to have extra fuel.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big Red put in a little work. Needed some rock to put in a French drain and a gravel pad for the wood shed. Built a tailgate out of some leftovers. Took my old plastic bedliner and it drops right in there.

Holds 2 ton pretty easy. Could probably do another half ton but 2 ton is about what my back can handle in an afternoon anymore. If only I could make it dump....

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boy I don't know about you. It's almost a crime to make a truck that looks that good work.;Poke
She’s a pavement princess for sure. Notice the bed liner sure didn’t go in the bed of the truck.

[emoji23][emoji23]

Hopefully I’ll get the other 98% of it cut and buffed this winter. [emoji2957]

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to do some diagnostics on my truck today and that fails so I ended up fixing an exhaust leak I didn’t know I had till todayLOL

I’ve been having a lot of trouble with starting my rig. It’s running well but I have to crank it for 1-2 10 second intervals before it starts. Honestly it’s behaving like it has a serious air intrusion issue, but I cannot find a single leak and I have an electric lift pump to boot. And all my glowplugs are new and working, so long story short, I’m baffled :dunno

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it starts up and runs smoothly, it's not an air issue. How's the starter?
The starter is strong still. I think it is just that my pump is worn enough that it takes it a little while to build up the initial pressure needed to pop the injectors when starting. I have a 90cc pump on order from @Thewespaul, but it won’t get here till November. So I’ll just have to figure out joe to keep limping this pump along

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's probably pretty warm there. Disable your glow plugs and give it a whiff of ether when you first crank it?
Glowplugs are on a manual switch, so I don’t need to worry about that. Would the ether just be for diagnosing what the issue is? Because I don’t like starting it from under the hood every timeLOL, which I did with a previous engine using ether

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took her too the shop for repairs not 100 sure buy guessing it's transfer case

Adam you have another one for it? I gave a 89 one thinking of parting the truck out, bad engine. Let me know if interested.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dane, I'm not even sure that's a good idea. My thought is that if the ether heats the cylinders and gets it to kick over faster, then it'll save on cranking.

You have a new pump coming in about 8 weeks, maybe the safest thing is to just keep on cranking until then.

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dane, I'm not even sure that's a good idea. My thought is that if the ether heats the cylinders and gets it to kick over faster, then it'll save on cranking.

You have a new pump coming in about 8 weeks, maybe the safest thing is to just keep on cranking until then.
Yeah, that’s what I was thinking too. I have a spare starter anyhow, so if I burn up my current one I’m not stuck. This is a perfect example of why you should always buy quality when it comes to pumps:joker: this pump is one I got from Diesel Care and Performance before I knew better. It’s lasted 8 months

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried to do some diagnostics on my truck today and that fails so I ended up fixing an exhaust leak I didn’t know I had till todayLOL

I’ve been having a lot of trouble with starting my rig. It’s running well but I have to crank it for 1-2 10 second intervals before it starts. Honestly it’s behaving like it has a serious air intrusion issue, but I cannot find a single leak and I have an electric lift pump to boot. And all my glowplugs are new and working, so long story short, I’m baffled :dunno
You said you have a manual setup on the glowplugs.

Step on the gas pedal after you turn the ignition to the wait point. But take your foot off before you turn the key all the way to start.

Run your glowplugs longer. At least ten to twelve seconds.

And keep the button pushed in, while you start it. Let go, once it starts. Smooth the idle out with your foot.

No, this is not going to burn your glowplugs up, or blow the tips off of them.

You have a manual system. So you have already eliminated the vast majority of wasted lifetime.

Plus, the factory system keeps turning the plugs on and off for quite a while, after it is started.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larrymac