So what did you do with your truck today?

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off subject, but still relates. My latest favorite quote is from my July Colorado trip. One of the Cummins drivers asked how my old IDI handled the high elevation. I told him that it was slow, but it would be better with a turbo. Then I said that it's just a balancing act between watching the pyro and watching the tailpipe for black smoke. He smarted off and said" Oh EGTs are just a number". My reply was "True. So is the temperature that aluminum starts to melt at". That ended that smart a** comments from him.
Yeah, most of the Cummins guys I’ve met are the same way. I let a couple of them drive my rig once and they couldn’t believe it was an idi. They thought it was a tuned out 12 valve LOL

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I got loaded up for this weekend's big adventure. I'm going up by North Platte, NE to go riding in the river with some friends. Their river is down, but it still has more water in it than ours does here. Ours is usually a river by name only.

You must be registered for see images attach

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
was my initial thought as well, no matter, now i get to build it. leaning twards a eaton detroit locker for it.
new gears, bearings, the whole 9.
got a lunchbox for the front i need to do too

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Made the ol mule work for his keep today. Definitely glad I have my Dually for most of my hauling though, got a little squirrley. Not bad, just not as stable as the other truck. Definitely glad it had the turbo, but you can still feel the higher gearing. Need to get on the dually project soon!

He can handle it. Try 1500 miles pulling a 30ft 10k trailer. Without a turbo:confused:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01