So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
This morning, I got home from my Colorado trip. Of course, that was after everyone else decided to load up and leave at about 8:00 last night while it was raining. Other than stopping for a couple of much needed naps, I pretty well drove all night.
Edit to add more info. Other than my truck, there was two Dodge/Cummins, two Chevy/Duramaxs, and a brand new Chevy half ton with a gas engine (I think he said it was a 5.3, but I'm not sure). The two Cummins, one Duramax, and the gas Chevy all overheated. In fact, the Duramax showed up with out the hood on it, apparently to increase air flow somehow. Funny thing. The ancient, outdated 7.3 IDI got all the way up to 205* engine temp. Kind of tells me something about these newer engines.
Well to put one last:cheers:on this trip, I just found a You Tube video where the rider passed me riding one of my three wheelers at over 12,000' in elevation. I didn't even realize that he was there until after I got back. I also thought that he got there a day or two after we left. Imagine my surprise when I saw myself on one of his videos. I almost fell out of my chair!

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally finished my e-fuel setup. I kinda copied 444 Fab’s kit they have for the psd. All push lock an lines. Holley/sniper 110 gph pump. Not the prettiest but I’m hoping it’ll do the job.

You must be registered for see images attach

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got the seat upgrade finished. Big shout out to US Auto Nation who helped me figure out which seat cover fit over my seat(there are 4 possibilities)

Are they seat covers, or recovered seats? Meaning did you replace the fabric on the seat or just cover over it?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced it. I bought new foam as the old was trashed and nasty and sent it to them along with the old nasty cover. They matched it and sent all back with a new cover.

Awesome, I'll have to keep them in mind! I wonder if they can do custom colors for stock patterns.....

Anywho, today I put a set of used injectors in the parts truck, along with the old tired IP that came off Tank. I'm going to have to get some fuel line olives for the IP feed line before I decide to fire it up.

Before I put the injectors in I turned it over with a breaker bar, and it's a VERY good thing I did. There was one or two cylinders full of water, but I suppose I'd rather be soaked in rusty water than bend a rod.... It wasn't fun, had to turn it until it sprayed, then back it off, then repeat. I'm extremely glad they weren't all full! I had been smart enough to tarp it, but I guess it must've leaked a little bit.

Then I sprayed WD40 into the cylinders before turning it over by hand again until I saw the timing mark on the balancer pass by three times (for good measure). Then I put the injectors in and greased up the old o-rings and caps. Everything will eventually get pulled back off so I'm not going to go crazy replacing parts! It's the drivetrain donor for my 4x4 swap. 80k on the odometer and I'm pretty sure it's accurate.

notenuftime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Said goodby to the old 87 f350 today, my third IDI.

Can't wait to see what my next lawn ornament is!

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I finally got tired of all of the tree yuck covering my truck (thanks a lot Chinese Elms!) and the spilled oil in the bed so I took it to the car wash again. Since the "high pressure soap" didn't have any soap, it didn't remove all of the tree yuck or the oil. I may have to try it again at a different car wash this weekend in another town. I also managed to knock the F250 emblem off of the passenger's side fender with the foaming brush (which, amazingly enough, still had soap with it) so I guess I'm going to find some double sided sticky tape this weekend too.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I have no idea where this picture went to.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bossviking

Members online