So what did you do with your truck today?

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would think that if they did that, it would not be so that they would have to be replaced.

It would probably be so that they could save 3 cents worth of steel, per vehicle...

lsaami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue. Found one place wanted $90 to resurface them. Super steep. Not one of the self proclaimed "brake shops" around even had the proper tooling to do the work.

Recently the guy at O'reillys said they do it for $15-20 per drum. I haven't tried to get anything done but will look into it if the need arises.
Oriellys couldn't do mine, or the local engine builder. I ended up installing them without being turned.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get an old axle assembly of some kind.

Mount it to your bench or something, solidly.

Make a mounting adapter plate if you have to, to get your drum or rotor mounted and centered correctly.

Now rig up a slow or adjustable speed motor with lots of torque to turn it. (Treadmill motor.)

Now build some sort of jig to hold an angle grinder. Or router of some sort, with a stone mounted in it.

Long as you take it easy, and don't take big bites, you should be able to get er done.

All this is a lot easier if you have a large milling machine. I was just trying to think of an option a guy could build in his garage.

Last edited:

Duke84

Reaction score
So far I looked it an cussed previous owners for the way they "custom" mounted the flatbed they had on it and the front bumper. Not to mention some stupid self designed cross brace made out of C chanel and square tubing under transfer case. It's like they said oh I can use this steel to weld this here and here and might as well weld this up also.

I've always said give me a torch and welder and I can make anything fit/work but this is ridiculous.

Slicknik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swapped out my failed fuel tank selector valve ,

should have bought a cdd 38 gallon tank conversion, would have ended up being the same price,

You must be registered for see images attach

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swapped out my failed fuel tank selector valve ,

should have bought a cdd 38 gallon tank conversion, would have ended up being the same price,

That’s what pushed me over the edge.. I hate those damn switch valves

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I went grocery shopping. Man I really need to get something else to drive so that the IDI won't be a grocery getter!LOL I went to Orscheln too so that kind of helped to offset the groceries a little bit.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Laine D I'm going to come raid your fridge LOL

Not technically the truck, but I got some work done on the winch mount for the trailer. Originally the plan was to get it mounted on the truck, but seems I'll need it more often on the trailer.

Got some 5/8" plate cut at work a few weeks ago. 4" wide and maybe 14" long. Drilled it for the winch, then drilled a couple holes to mount it to the trailer frame.

I tapped the bottom holes for 1/2-13 bolts, plan on running bolts through and then using a nut on the end to lock everything in place.

Then I drilled the holes in the trailer frame.

Then I found a couple 3/8" plates leftover from the gantry project that won't be needed that actually have the correct hole spacing! Cut them down from 6" wide to 4" wide. That'll help spread the load out too.

It's a big heavy 12,000# Ramsey winch. Plan is to get it mounted with this stuff and then fab up some kind of rear support as well to help hold the weight while bouncing around going down the road.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I towed something that I don't even know what it is and I hope I can fix haha

@mrsgoose two dudes in here by the way heheheehehehehehe

Last edited:

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it has a brand name, he had it made. Has a 2.0 turbo Ford engine in it so parts should be easy ish to get I hope haha

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88