So what did you do with your truck today?

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really sure what one is worth. I would have to pull it and am coming that way on Oct 10. Make me an offer. Better yet come buy the whole truck [emoji28] 800 lots of good parts yet

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
My wife would murder me in my sleep if I got the whole truck What tranny is in it

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
They could be right, but I'd be doing some more checking for sure. All they know is what their computer says and we all know how accurate those things are.

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They could be right, but I'd be doing some more checking for sure. All they know is what their computer says and we all know how accurate those things are.
Mine is a BW 1356 and they did not start using them until 1987 , mine also has a slip on the back .

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
With the truck, I moved my treasure truck over farther to the side to make some more room. Something that can and will be used for both trucks and other things is that I set up my parts cleaning tank today. It's only a HF special, but it's better than the metal drain pan and some solvent splashed inside it. Since it say to not use a petroleum based cleaner, I call it my "solventless tank". I wanted it by the walk in door so that I could take parts outside and blow off the cleaner with an air hose. I'm slowly getting this garage converted form storage to a decent work shop.

You must be registered for see images attach

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Mine is a BW 1356 and they did not start using them until 1987 , mine also has a slip on the back .
This is probably the difference. It's not a direct bolt in process. They should both bolt up to either transmission, it's just that the drive shafts won't work. HMMM...transfer case, drive shaft. Maybe Oldirtypearl will end up with the whole truck Johnny Cash style-one piece at a time.

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is probably the difference. It's not a direct bolt in process. They should both bolt up to either transmission, it's just that the drive shafts won't work. HMMM...transfer case, drive shaft. Maybe Oldirtypearl will end up with the whole truck Johnny Cash style-one piece at a time.
He just needs to buy the whole truck:Thumbs Up I am going right by where he lives in a couple weeks could just drop it off. :)

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I have a tree on the north side of my garage property. It had several smaller, dead branches and I couldn't stand it any longer. I got out the chainsaw and cut them off. I cut off a few low hanging branches on the walnut tree next to it too. Then I got to looking at the branch on the walnut tree on the south side that hangs over a corner of my camper. I decided screw it! I started to cut it off too. I wasn't sure that it wouldn't hit the camper when it fell so I backed the truck underneath the branch and wrapped a chain around it. I hooked the other end to the bumper on my truck and pulled to put some tension on the branch. In 2lo, 1st gear, the tires just spun so I locked in the hubs and gave it another pull, just at an idle. I was almost to the point where I was going to shut off the truck when I heard CRACK and the truck lurched forward. I immediately stopped and saw that the branch had split past the point that I was going to cut so I had to cut it all the way to the trunk. I got out a two step stool so that I could reach the spot on the trunk where the branch attached. As carefully I could, I started cutting through the branch, but of course I had to jump back when it suddenly fell toward me. That was a close call and the picture shows how close it was. As I was cutting it all up into small branches and fire wood, I was wondering why in the hell I was doing this when it was over 90*. I finally got it all cut up, stacked up, and as much as I could, loaded up.
Overall, there's two lessons to be learned from today's experience.
1). Sometimes my timing really sucks.cookoo
2). At least for today, the IDI was mightier than the tree branch!:cheers:

Last edited: