So what did you do with your truck today?

fyrfghter

Reaction score
Swapped in a new injection pump, injectors and return lines from typ4. Put in a new Napa lift pump as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
Got my slug back on it's feet with;

New heavy duty front leaves
new heavy duty shocks
new poly bushings
new shackles
cleaned and weather proofed front frame
cleaned and weather proofed fisher plow frame
new brake calipers, rotors, pads, hardware
new wheel bearings, races, grease etc
shock towers
U bolts
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

I am expecting the front to be impervious to rust moving forward. The frame was coating in roofing tar between all surfaces that have anything bolted onto it.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fffffffiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaalllllyyyyy have begun a bit on my truck. Got one front fender off without needing a tetanus shot. Going to remove the other front fender then chop off the rotted back.

Next I want to do a small body lift while half the body is missing for the sole purpose of making it easier to work around the turbo. Is 2 inche enough? This is going to be my minivan replacement and I don't want it too high.

I have 2 days of no customer work so I need to haul ass haha

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
. Is 2 inches enough?

I don't think... Uhh... Nevermind I'll leave it alone ;PokeLOL

I've heard rumors that a 2" body lift will cause the firewall seam to bang against the heads. I have no personal experience with that though. I would assume the condition of the body mounts would play into that as well. I wanted to warn you just in case it's true!

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got mine for 400 and have been upgrading it slowly over the years.

If you're handy find an old one with water damage and completely gut it, repair entire roof, upgrade insulation and electrical and you will end up with a pretty nice camper
Have to ask this where can someone find that bed camper you for less then a arm&leg price range and what would be it called so I might search around where I live n eBay n such been looking for that type of camper instead of a pull behind.

Discovered my truck love mud n well still trying to figure out if stuff with help of this forum n going to replace stock raido though hate doing it, hauled a 5k lb can of mine to a scrapyard motor blew tanks was half the got about $400 out of it for truck parts. of course most part stores are.closed on Sunday

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance