So what did you do with your truck today?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up a new oil filter for it. $6.99.

I usually go to Advance Auto. I know them, they know me. They didn't have the pinion seal I needed in stock so I went up to Parts Plus. $9, said they have one but can't find it. It'll be there in the morning.

Figured I might as well check while I was there. They don't carry Motocraft FL1995 which is $9.99 at Advance, but their house brand is $6.99! Ok I'll try it. Needed something else that was $16 there and $20 at Advance. Might be driving across town for them from now on....

I'll try to remember to cut it open after I use it. Has a plastic cover over the opening so at least that's a good sign.

EDIT: Also put the cap back on for the winter.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have to ask this where can someone find that bed camper you for less then a arm&leg price range and what would be it called so I might search around where I live n eBay n such been looking for that type of camper instead of a pull behind.

Looks like it's called a "truck camper" most commonly. I've always searched by calling it a "cabover" or "cab over" camper depending on how people type on craigslist, lol.

Also called a "slide in" camper.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Estimated time to completion: 2032 Rally
Nice to see that you have goals.
Today, I finished the pyro install, the triple gauge pillar mount pod install, replaced my burned up fusible link wire, and got rid of the God awful LED headlights that I tried for a while. Tomorrow, I need to try tightening the alternator belt a little bit more. When it's under a load, it squeals like my boss does when someone asks him for a pay raise! I also have to add that the new gauge pod on the pillar id very distracting since it's new. It will take a little bit of time to get used to it.

Last edited:

Tristan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I replaced my heater core. Wasn't planning on it, but the puddle of coolant on the floor mat made my mind up for me. At least it is easy, apart from getting those darn hoses off and back on. [emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I spent most of my afternoon getting the floor of the cab cleaned up.

Looks like this now.
You must be registered for see images attach
What product do you plan on putting down on the metal first?

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going the POR15 route. Starts with a degreaser they sell, then a metal prep they sell. Then the actual POR15 paint/rust sealer. A quart of each in my Amazon outbox right now for $68.

Both of the prep stages require you keep the surface wet with the product for 15-20 minutes then rinse with water. Let dry before moving to next step.

Knowing what I know about it being an Isocyanurate product it'll be tough as nails when it's cured but will foam if introduced to too much moisture while curing. Also need a pretty stout vapor respirator for lung safety. I accidentally had an Isocyanurate overexposure 20+ years ago. It was pretty unpleasant. Not going to make that mistake again.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The degreaser seems to be the biggest deal. Oil soaked metal doesn’t seem to want to stick at all though regardless of how well you’ve cleaned it. It’s letting go on the tunnel of my truck floor underneath. Probably where the slip yoke threw grease and oil. I’m a fan of the metal ready stuff and the degreaser is pretty good. Not as much of a fan on the por itself. May just be user error though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online